Android Smartphone 10-15k

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 210
  • Views Views 18,839
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
Hi! I want to buy a smartphone for my mother. The one she's using right now is Mi Note 4 (for more than 2 years now). She doesn't have any issues with it as such, but recently she has realized the importance of 'camera', because of Zoom meetings and video calls. Mi has screwed up the operating system over time, so I would really avoid buying an Mi phone. Usage is quite limited to games such as Angry Birds and YouTube.

Agreed with what Lucifer has said. I am using a case similar to this..
I did not find thickness to exceed thhan what it is since its a silicone tpu. So when watching videos or using in landscape mode with two hands won't be an issue as weight is distributed.
Problem comes when you try to use it one handed for long, like 1-2 hours at a stretch.
Can't compare with Samsung but I would say Samsung has done a better job with weight distribution in all their phones.
My case offers protection at edges while maintaining light weight. If you go for those armoured or terminator type ones, you would be better off with a dumbell.

Upvote 0
@Tejas01 does the back panel vibrates too much while playing a song? Is it very much noticeable? Some tech reviewer was saying table starts to vibrate if kept on it.

Upvote 0
Take a look at Poco X3.
I would state that poco x3 is really great only on paper. My friend bought it and it's battery is nothing like 6000 mah tbh.
Display is great for the price except it's not amoled. Charging heats up the device to 45 deg and it may degrade the battery sonner than later.
Performance wise, it is quite great but for me, google dialer is a huge let down.I had rather have great software over average hardware rather than having mediocre software(security app knows everything about you) and great hardware.
Maybe his unit is faulty as you guys appear to mention no such issue.

Upvote 0
@Tejas01 does the back panel vibrates too much while playing a song? Is it very much noticeable? Some tech reviewer was saying table starts to vibrate if kept on it.
Dude, YouTube videos tend to over exaggerate things. Nothing as such. Also, with The latest update, this issue has been addressed..
It's more refined now.

Upvote 0
@Kick933 yeah, that is one issue. But with updates, they have reduced the number of permissions demanded to 4-5. Earlier it was like 10-12, basically everything. They should have given the option to deny permission if taken any.
Using a fast charger will any day destroy your battery sooner or later. Go a lesser wattage charger. I personally use 18wW charger so that it won't heat up. It charges my phone from 30-80%in an hour.
Battery life is amazing for me. This is my 2nd day of use,(I charged it day before yesterday) and still at 48%. My use is light, but on an average it will easily last 1.5 days. Use 90hz instead of 120hz, the latter takes more battery.

Upvote 0
I would state that poco x3 is really great only on paper. My friend bought it and it's battery is nothing like 6000 mah tbh.
Display is great for the price except it's not amoled. Charging heats up the device to 45 deg and it may degrade the battery sonner than later.
Performance wise, it is quite great but for me, google dialer is a huge let down.I had rather have great software over average hardware rather than having mediocre software(security app knows everything about you) and great hardware.
Maybe his unit is faulty as you guys appear to mention no such issue.
Battery backup wasn't the best but after miui 12.0.8 update it improved quite a bit i can get 6 to 8 hours of screen on time. The 33 watt charger provided in the box heats the device upto 45 degrees so i stopped using it and currently using quick charge 4 plus charger and the device stays cool while charging.
I'm using 120 Hz refresh rates because it feels so smooth except for the recents menu and settings menu.

Upvote 0
@Lucifer96 It is good. They have optimised the software to take full potential of the hardware SD 732. While I use it at 90hz, it gives me best of both, low battery drain and smooth display. The latest update has further improved battery as mentioned by @Heyma as well as further optimisation, so the overall experience has become more smooth.
Frankly, the experience from 60to 90hz is very much visible, 90 to 120hz, not so much. You won't be disappointed with refresh rates, that much you can be assured. Using at 120hz is going to be a blast.

@Heyma I think the recents and settings menu feel a bit sluggish due to no update for Poco launcher. But, there are reports we will be getting A11 and Poco V3 launcher in 1-2 months. Let's see.

Upvote 0
I have now read this entire thread, eager to learn. Didn't understand half of it. I'm a newbie to phones and am very tech challenged.

I wanted to buy a phone in the Divali sale but got confused by all the offers.

Now Amazon is having a new sale and today, Jan 23 is the last day. can anyone suggest what would be a great deal for me?

I was tempted to buy a cheap phone but I saw in this thread I think Subash said the Rs 10,000 and less phones have high radiation.

Here's what i'm looking for: I want to shoot short scenes from my novel and post them on YouTube to draw attention to my novels.

Would a phone be good enough for that or should I buy a video camera?

Which phone would enable me to shoot good videos?

What else i'm looking for: a phone that doesnt give high radiation but has a good processor and battery.

I was looking for a phone with 8GB RAM and 256GB Storage but most are expensive. The cheapest are some Poco ones like this:

would the above be good? Or would Samsung be better:

there are some cheaper Samsungs too. Would you recommend any of them?

Is there really any point to having 8GB RAM and 256GB Storage? I don't game.

What phone would you recommend?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Putting my 2pie worth. I am not really into shooting videos but what little I have done with this camera didn't send any brickbats my way so I guess its OK for this job. I have a Samsung M31 in my opinion 6gb ram & 64gb rom should be enough unless you are planning to do editing via the phone. You can store whatever you shoot from the camera on your memory card. That option is available on al these phones. So look at the Samsung M series.

Upvote 0
Poco F1 is still a good buy, if your budget permits see it as a long term investment.
If not, as Socrates said 6 gb/64gb should be sufficient for your needs. If you need more storage expand it using a Memory card of capacity you think fits your requirements.
I am using Poco X3. Though, I am not into photography and video making, I can say its camera performance is good given its price of 15-17k. Even those into photography have confirmed the same.
You can have a look at some videos on youtube on channel like Technolobe who has done a decent camera performance video.

Upvote 0
thanks everyone. I've seen people recommend Pocco in this thread. Can anyone recommend a good video camera? Would it make more sense to buy a cheap phone and also a video camera instead of a phone of Rs 25,000?

Upvote 0