Android 4.2.2 update available on Galaxy Grand Duos

• Thread starter Thread starter lake1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,801
The update is already a week or two old now.
My friends did that, however One of them complains that Proximity sensor stops working after first few minutes and remains un-responsive till next reboot.
however this issue is not reported by other friends but as I've not checked myself I don't know if its a particular phone problem or really a Bug.
with 4.2.2 you should be able to have lock screen based notification which is a real cool stuff.

WTF? Have Note II and Galaxy S3 received the update?
No, and they even won't be getting it. Samsung is planning to push 4.3 directly.

Updated to 4.2.2 yesterday. Tried to do it thru KIES downloaded in 1hr 40 mins while installing it gave an error after waiting for about 45 mins I disconnected the USB cable. Had to remove the battery to switch off. After restarting the phone (I was surprised it did), I downloaded the update via WiFi it took only 43 mins & another 14 mins to install. After the main update of 488.67MB the second update 7.82MB & the third was of 67. Something MB. After downloading the file via wifi, it then offers you the option of installing immediately or do it later (which you can schedule)
The 2nd & 3rd were called stability patches. I haven’t explored the phone just now, will do it later. Seems ok as of now.

F*** off Samshit. I have Note 2 and you release 4.2.2 for lower model? To those Samsung apologists, Samsung will no way release 4.3 for Note 2 as it will affect their Note 3 sales. Maybe we may get it eventually after Note 3 is 4-5 months old.

sanke1 said:
F*** off Samshit. I have Note 2 and you release 4.2.2 for lower model?To those Samsung apologists, Samsung will no way release 4.3 for Note 2 as it will affect their Note 3 sales.Maybe we may get it eventually after Note 3 is 4-5 months old.
Samsung doesn't work like that...high end models get about 3 new android version updates
S1- 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3 value pack
S2- 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, rumors about another update
S3- 4.0, 4.1, 4.3 incoming
Note 1- 2.3, 4.0, 4.1