Analytic Firm: Reliance Jio average 4G LTE speed now half of Airtel 4G LTE

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
At 6Mbps, Reliance Jio's 4G speed is now almost half of Airtel 4G speed: CLSA report | Gadgets Now

Bharti Airtel improved fourth-generation (4G) data speeds and while Reliance Jio data speeds fell across 17 circles to half of the market leader in the month of October, a CLSA research report said.
The finding analyses sector regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) speed test data based on 2.5 million and 0.5 million samples on the 4G and 3G networks, respectively.
At 6Mbps, Reliance Jio's speeds were similar to the average speeds of Idea Cellular and Vodafone at 7Mbps but well below Bharti Airtel's 11.5Mbps speed, the CLSA report said.
In contrast to Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular, Reliance Jio's network showed a 20% fall in speeds -- from 7.2Mbps in September to 6Mbps.

Not that it matters.

Actually it doesn't. That speed even if it seems close to vodafone/idea it's based on speedtest apps. The real internet speed would be closer to 2G era.

Well yeah, even in areas where both have a decent coverage, Airtel beats Jio hands down. Here is what I get at my house:

Airtel

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Jio

And just to rub it in, Spectranet!😛

The research probably does not consider number of users using the 4G network in Airtel and in Jio.

I am sure if Airtel had same load as Jio network even it would go down in speed.

yup. Massive difference in number of users. But as I keep on saying, jio speeds wont matter untill jan 2017. Even if after a few months from jan 2017, if speed doesnt increase then Jio is fucked.

Speeds on 1800/850 MHz is better than 2300MHz here...perks of mediatek

Read somewhere, 91% of the users on 4G in India are on Jio, and only 3% on Airtel. So Jio's giving 6 Mbps to 91 people and Airtel is giving 11 Mbps to 3 people. Who's the greater man? :emoji_bow:

Ek toh free mein mil raha hai 4G, toh enjoy karo. Achaa speed chahiye toh Airtel 4G lo, ya Broadband WiFi ko connect karo 😀

First time my uploadd speed touched around 20 mbps. Earlier it was capped at 10 mbps.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

It's not right time to judge the jio. Even there is 3% speed test from airtel 4g, I can bet more than 99% 4g traffic generated is from jio side. We all are getting 4gb per day for nothing and other companies 4g users are not even using 4gb a month. So if you look at the usage and no. of users it is definately uncomparable.

well. a few weeks/months from now, we would get enough comparison reports and we would find out if jio can perform better once people start paying for their services. right now airtel is faster. no matter the free service from reliance or the sheer number of customers on it. it is a simple fact.

My personal experience. None of the 2G sims even work in my dads' HomeTown village. Signal is so weak that he has to come out of home to get 2 bars of signal. Every one uses landline still. Last month I went there for 2 days and I tried Jio sim there. Not only the phone was catching signals, the data speed was around 40mbps. #impressed

I am also talking about fact. Lots of users and and high usage brings down the speed. And also as I seen some are getting very high speed and some are not even able to play youtube videos. So everyone has different opinion about jio. And yes true picture will be reveled in next year.