An Honest Review about Nextra Broadband (Prepaid)

• Thread starter Thread starter opomiyulen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,385
We have the highest broadband users in India's urban areas but condition for broadband services are pathetic in Delhi unless you live in a society or a posh area. I am a Nextra Broadband user for more than a year and here is my review :-

August-2014
I was using a MTNL broadband connection prior to nextra or you can say I don't have any choice as I don't have any other good ISP in my area (East Delhi, Jheel Khuranja). MTNL was not that bad but due to some wire cuts my broadband was down since May 2014 and we all know how MTNL services are and it was like that they will never repair those wires. Fortunately, my internet connection was up in September first week of 2014 and at that time I also saw Nextra Banners in my area. I heard about Nextra and Spectranet earlier too as one of my friend in Indirapuram was using the same. So I decided to give it a try at least, as according to my friend they provide good speeds though he owned a connection on fibre & plan is postpaid.

Installation
So, I after reading those banners I went to the shop of local dealer and asked him about the Quality of service installation charges etc. He told me it will be an Ethernet on cable connection (Nextra generally provide EoC connection in non society environment like me while internet on Lan or fiber in societies). He said that quality is good and no installation charges is required but Rs. 1500 has to be submitted as security for modem. I enquired him about any address which was near to my home where nextra connection is working. He gave me one address which was a shop which do bill payments and printing etc. I asked the person how the connection is and how is the speed? He told me it is far much better than shitty MTNL and he was using the same for the past 6 months and there was no down time as such. I was impressed by reviews.
Next day I went to the shop submitted my documents and he asked me amount of first recharge i.e Rs. 1123/- (10 Mbps 20 GB Plan). I requested him he can take the same when he will start the connection but he said this is mandatory and without the amount he won't be able to punch my form for installation. He assured me that installation will be done in 3-4 days. Despite assurances no one turned up in 3 days, so I called up the person on fourth day, he assured me that someone will come to install. Next day someone came and installed wires etc. He asked me some money for wires as my residence is far away from installation point, which I refused to pay. I called up the dealer which took money from me and told him that this person is asking money, he told me that your residence may be far away that's why he was asking money. I told him that I don't want installation, refund my money. After hearing this, he replied that its ok sir let me talk to him, I would get this installed free of cost. The person who came for installation, did installation free of cost and said that he will come again for modem.
Now 7 days had expired and my broadband was not installed due to lack of modem, so I went to that shop but the owner was missing. I waited for him for half an hour and when he came, I told him the entire story. He said sorry sir for the inconvenience, I will install your modem by tomorrow as there was a shortage of modems for Nextra itself. As promised he got my modem installed next day in evening. My connection was working within few hours.

Initial Impressions that time:-
I was amazed by speeds both upload and download speeds were around 10 Mbps and there was no down time. It was just like during peak hours I get aroung 6-7 Mbps speed instead of 10 Mbps as communicated in plan. I complained about the same and the customer care person called up next day and it was working fine that time. I already decided to try it for a month. For initial one month I didn't face any issues and speed was exact what it was promised. Torrent gave me easily 1.1 to 1.2 MBps(Mega Byte per second) download speeds, which is fine on 10 Mbps connection. I was happy my internet woes were gone and I happily disconnected MTNL in the month of November 2014. In January, 2015 Nextra increased data from 20 GB to 25 GB for Rs. 999 plan (exclusive of service tax).

Review after one year of usage
Due to large number of users speed issues was there in my area after few months but Nextra fixed it by setting up a New POP in my area. Nextra is a good ISP and they always give what they promise be it speed or data. Now their customer care has also improved in past one year and so is there number of connections. For the one year I faced only 5-6 times mass out i.e. complete internet shut down, due to some technical issues. But good part is that there customer care knew about it and if down time was 8-10 hrs or more than that, they will compensate three extra days by extending your validity. I recommend Nextra to everyone. One thing I never understood why there is so much negative reviews about Nextra. I don't know about other areas but it is very good in my area. I even took feedback from other users who were using Nextra Broadband in different parts of Delhi but no one gave me negative feedback, everyone is satisfied from services though minor hiccup may happen sometimes.

Finally, My internet woes ended due to Nextra Teleservices Pvt Ltd. and now I am a high speed user and I generally recharge with Rs. 1480.86 for 40 GB data, which is sufficient for me in a month. I Know Nextra is bit expensive but you will get good speeds and customer service in return. I just wish that they will launch some good pocket friendly plans in future.

I also went to the broadband dealer namely Janak Broadband, Rajgarh Colony, which handles few ISPs including nextra, initia, Ynet etc, two days back. He told me that he is taking franchise of Excitel Broadband too and will launch the same in Diwali. I will be trying Excitel too as secondary connection as I have heard about them too. I will post a detailed reviews about Excitel whenever it comes be it November or December. If excitel is not good enough than I will try Y networks for sure as someone in Chandigarh is using the same and happy about its speeds and services.

Update (01/12/15): Starting November, 2015 Nextra has increased FUP limit by 5 GB for all of his plans. Now you will get 30 GB instead of 25 GB on 10 Mbps starter plan . I am getting 45 GB instead of 40 GB for my old 10 Mbps plan on recharge of Rs. 1487.

Updated (26/02/16): Finally, Excitel is going to launch services in my area within 10 days. I will use it as a secondary connection for few months. Keeping my fingers crossed for its services, stay tuned for detailed review after 2 months of usage at least.

Update (07/04/16): Starting April 7, 2016 Nextra has changed its plan namely Fibrebolt to Fibrebolt Ultra and the minimum speed post fup is now 1 Mbps. I feel now the nextra users can smile a bit, though 1 mbps not the best but still decent enough after FUP (Seems like this new plan is area specific as Nextra website is not updated till date and its already been long. Previously when they increased data limit, their website reflected it within few days). Now this plans is available for every user its no more area specific
d1e05e90_9400_4dbc_821b_9693ba2960f0.jpg

Update: (September 2016) Due to Jio and Excitel pressure, Nextra has launched truly unlimited 20 Mbps, 30Mbps & 50 Mbps plans in Rs. 1099, 1399 & Rs. 1999 (Taxes extra). But these plans are available in selected areas only. For areas where these plans are unavailable Nextra has increased FUP to 50 GB from 30 GB in their base plan. I already knew that this will happen sooner or later that's why didn't disconnect Nextra yet. Nextra is not a bad choice still, they are reasonable now.

Update: (January, 2017) Due to more pressure from Excitel and Jio, Nextra has further reduced their tariffs for infinity plans. Now you can get 10 Mbps truly unlimited plan in Rs. 799/- & 25 Mbps truly unlimited plan in Rs. 999/- [Service tax extra].
Infinity.jpg

Excitel has increased their minimum speeds to 40Mbps w.e.f 28/04/17, I assume that Nextra will soon be revising their plans. Though chances for getting cheap plans are dim but still u can get more speeds at the same prices.

Last edited:
@Sushubh Can you edit my thread ending. I am seeing some crosses at the end after the last image and unable to delete them. When I edit the thread, these crosses don't show up but they are acutally present.

those are image links that do not work. you can view them in the code view. by pressing the rightest button in editor.

Quoting another member's post from the nfinity thread

Hi, this is my first post...

I have been using Nextra Nfinity 50 Mbps for nearly a month.

They throttle your line to 2 Mbps when you cross 400 GB.

Turned out, it wasnt truly unlimited....

Any ideas whether they can do that, as they have not disclosed the data limit online..