• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,039

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Advanced Micro Devices has announced that they plan to launch quad-core processors sometime in 2007. In addition, they also have plans to shift to all-new processor architecture later this decade. Their competitors Intel is also in the process of shifting to a new architecture for developing new generation microprocessors currently.

This newly planned quad-capable family will result in a wide range of four core processors. This would include processors for desktops, notebooks and one for servers that can fit into machines with as many as 32 processors. AMD wants to continue expanding their multi-core processors in the future to improve the performance of the chips without compromising on input costs.

More: https://broadband.forum/2448/171102-amd-...essors-in-2007/

w00t. I dont even have a dual core processor and these guys are talking about quad core!....

times are changing fast. i am confused between chosing 64-bit processor or a dual core processor.

if they can develop that processor and sell it under 10k along with the motherboard, i can consider that. maybe i would have to wait for a couple of years for that to happen.

I wonder what will I do with such a proc? Maybe I will run Vista 😉 and with this proc it will boot up in amazing 10 mins.Seriously, with this proc one could encode and burn a DVD in a few mins. Currently that takes hours on my 2 years old Athlon.

Haha. These people have misled the average user! Todays processors have far outstripped the memory speeds! My 2.8GHz Northwood (P4) remains unutilized for majority of the time. So a dual core or quad core processors are of no use until we have faster RAMs and faster harddisks!

errm. compatible software. the processors are boon for people working in audio and video industry.