Amazon Prime Music (Now with lyrics support)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 31,607

Is Amazon Prime Music good enough for you to dump Apple/Google/Saavn/etc Music Service?

• Total voters
windows store app is different from the desktop app. desktop app has been working fine.

Q3pa5oI.png

Windows Store: "Amazon Music is not currently available"

yup. would check later today if they would release it in india. not sure how that reddit guy got it already.

Source

possible. i did link to both the versions in my comment. no one else has gotten it so that is likely!

Frankly the music collection on prime music right now sucks. I will go back to Spotify for now. UI of their desktop app also sucks.

i read that Amazon just has around 2 million songs right now. google and Apple catalog is like 20 times larger. i am not finding many indie groups that i listen to. but it's not that big of a deal. the only problem is that i cannot use it when echo is being used.

Try setting your location to US in the windows app or windows somewhere(dont’t remember where). You will be able to download the app this way(if it is available in the US). I downloaded and watched Netflix and Hulu this way when Netflix was not available in India. You dont even need to connect to VPN to download the app if the location is set to US

yup. installed the app last night. same app as the regular windows one. not a metro (or whatever they call it these days) app. performance seems to be worse than regular app.

I tried linking Prime Music to my Bose SoundTouch account. It is showing my US Amazon details (though I don't have US Prime subscription), don't know what is happening. Out of curiosity opened the web version and installed app, not a fan of both at all. I am sticking with Apple Music for the near future.

one benefit of this service for echo owners is that you can finally create custom playlists and play them using echo.
echo does not immediately notice your custom playlists. takes a while for the playlist to get available through cloud.
pretty handy.