Amazon Prime India (Rs. 1499 per year now)

Ammajaan asked me to renew prime membership today for special discounted price of Rs 899 for year and I caved in. My sub was expiring on 30th though.

I suppose we might an offer of 1399 once it has been made 1499 for all. Still seems steep for me for my usage. And yeah the 2% extra on Amazon icici cards are not much useful to me as well.

I think 1499 per year or 125 per month is still VFM considering you get multiple services and benefits, especially for my moderate usage, meaning occasionally watching prime video.

It's the only subscription I have because something like Netflix would be wasted on me.

I should add disclaimer that so far I still have a Tata Sky DTH subscription but with the gradual dropping of channels I guess in a couple of years I'll be joining the OTT bandwagon with full vigour.

Just checked, I have placed 186 order in 2021 alone. With no DTH, Prime gives some movie choices. So it is VFM for me.

Same. In 2021 alone, I have placed 103 orders and saved ~14k INR(in prime discounts, free deliveries etc). So, it's still VFM for me and it'll only be 749 for me because of the discounts 🙂)

Aren't all the English language shows on TV heavily censored? I mean there is no reason even now to stick to DTH for English entertainment.

Yup that's true but I'm not too bothered by the censored content... If there's anything really good not to be missed, which is rare for me, then I just watch from "other" sources 😅

Mine will be more like 10-12 deliveries max. Netflix also I have been contemplating to drop. May end up dropping both due to lack of watching.

Still a pretty solid deal for me.

jr6mRUh.png

Mine will be more like 10-12 deliveries max. Netflix also I have been contemplating to drop. May end up dropping both due to lack of watching.
Same with me...hardly 8-10 orders per year.
Doesn't watch on prime apart from few worthy series ( 2-3).