Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

For me paying using NFC via Google Pay has been really finicky. Sometimes it works and sometimes, it won't work at all. I agree tapping is still miles ahead of dip or swipe. Best part is card remains in your hand. Anyways there is no other app for OnePlus make NFC work.

imobile app also support nfc payments now. at least as per their changelog. i imagine it would be messy to use as logging into the app itself takes like 10 seconds.

I really dislike this app.

AzbeZK5.webp

Lol. It added itself as the payment app option.

KkQ1SPV.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
this is samsung. and this option exists coz of samsung pay. Google Pay also appears as an option here. i am not sure if this is a core android feature. i have this under nfc option in settings. imobile app has the nfc tap payment option on the second screen. see if that works on your phone.

No no, the option in the imobile app. The changelog says click on tap to pay on login screen. But I do not have that option :/

i guess it needs to be enabled first after logging in. it failed for me. i assume once enabled from backend, it would appear as an option on the login screen as well.

on the other hand, imobile app takes like 4-5 seconds to even reach the login screen on my phone.

Aha, so after some digging what this app does is, if root is detected, this disables some functionality silently. Unlike other apps that refuses to even start. Added this to the exception list and tap to pay appeared although it is not functional due to some "technical issues".

@Sushubh long back I tried to pay by Tapping mobile against POS machine at Trendz shop. But it was not working. I guess NFC was off. So in new phone I never bothered to setup my cards in Samsung pay app.
Do we need to keep NFC ON always?

I don't think so. Early on I did try keeping it off and Samsung Pay worked. It even worked in airplane mode. I think Samsung Pay temporary enables NFC at the time of payment.

Couldn't find any support document but it seems to be like that.

Reactions: SVK
Ok, I will try this mode of payment "if" I go out somewhere and "if" I pay by card. Nowadays most payment is by UPI.

icici folks called me up about the issue to enable tap to pay in imobile app. they made it turn off-on the nfc option in the app. it did not fix the error of course. but now i am concerned if this would break the card in samsung pay app as well.

Yes i got the cashback. Have tweeted them about tap n pay. Lets see kya hota hai.