Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

The ICICI staff couldn't verify my details as it wasn't clear to them for some reason.

I've the option to re-apply, should I choose self-employed this time?

---

Rather than doing the Video KYC, I have opted for the doorstep KYC verification this time.

Last edited:
so here are a few things that comes to mind about this card and the icici app.

imobile app is still shit. card section is annoying to use. it does not have real time transaction data. in fact, most of the times, it would show transactions that are 2 days old. even getting to transaction section requires more than a few clicks as the app homepage links to card management and not transactions page unless i am missing something.

the good thing is that app shows the points you made on all transactions. 1% cashback transactions are done in multiples of 100s. so if you spent 199 rupees, you are still getting just one point. Amazon transactions on the other hand seem to apply in multiples of five so that's nice.

credit card bill payments are also not instant. takes around 2 days to appear in the system.

the statement generated by icici bank website are not in a4 size. this seems to be common with a lot of banks these days. yes bank is also generating custom statements in a weird page size which results in tiny text if you take printouts. pdf statements generated by the bank have too much garbage on the first page. there is an option to take yearly statement which seems to generate a cleaner statement in size that appears to be a4. would have to wait till next year to see if this is going to be useful as it generates an empty statement for me.
Annual statements are effective. I only keep the annual statements at the end of the FY and delete the monthly ones. ICICI ignores fractional points. So for Amazon, it counts for every Rs.20 and for others it counts for every Rs.100. For imobile, I think txn reflects based on settlement effected by the merchant. The available limit is reduced on real time.

So I just completed the door step KYC. The executive took photos of my salary slips and everything.

I think it's going to get rejected again, because my official email address doesn't have the parent company's mention.

My official email address is something@xyz.com, while the name of the company is abc.

Let's see.

Now I am getting calls from ICICI that I am eligible for a Sapphiro ICICI CC. How sweet.

My question: I applied for Amazon co-branded ICICI card, do you offer that?

Answer: Of course sir, milega na apko. Kyu nahi milega.

I disconnect the call and I start getting calls from various other numbers back to back.

Blocked all of them.

I have been using Amazon Pay ICICI credit card for past one and half a years and I can assure this is the best card I have seen so far considering the current lockdown and covid situation.
I had applied through amazon and the executive from ICICI had come to our house, verified the documents and finished the application process. Within a week we received the card. I don't think this card is linked to CIBIL and they didn't ask for proof of income. Only thing is credit limit will be assigned randomly ( They may have a criteria but I couldn't relate it as we never give our income details apart from our proof of address).
I have been consistently getting the rewards as mentioned, into my Amazon Pay balance. Amazon purchase will give 5% cashback for prime members, 3% cashback for non prime members. Recharges and bill payments on amazon will give 2% cashback and all other transactions will give 1% cashback.
Initially I had got around 60k as credit limit and after a year they have increased it to 2.5Lakhs upon a request.
Getting this card (getting an appointment for document verification process)is a big hassle and once you get it, you will never regret.

There is no is appointment required nowadays. All you have to do is click on the link on the Amazon app and everything is done online. All documentation, if needed, is submitted online and a video kyc call is held. The card is generated instantly for qualified customers without any documents or home visits. If you have an ICICI account or another credit card with them then even the video kyc is not required.

Sometimes they don't ask for anything. Other times they ask people to upload ITR. In my case, I didn't upload anything.

@Samuel I am salaried employee and I had explicitly asked them whether I need to furnish any income proofs as I was given a lesser credit limit of around 60k though I was eligible for more credit limit as per my income. They said neither I need to furnish income proof nor they can alter the credit limit. So I had provided proof of address only along with other identity proofs such as on spot captured photograph.