Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

Is this card worth it? I was considering this one to be used on Amazon (obviously) and also to avail offers for ICICI cards.

I recently got this card, and I feel this is one of the best rewarding cards in terms of money back. I have the HDFC regalia which gives 2.66% points, but when you redeem the points, you get 1 pt = .30 paisa for most places, and .20 paisa for money back on the card, effectively making a return of .8 % and .5%. Only for travels booked via HDFC smartbuy you get 1.3% returns. Everyone just considers the points as the return value which is misleading. They sometimes run 5x/10x point on some spending, but it has a limit of 2000 points per month. The only tangible benefit is in terms of free lounge access.

The Amazon pay card gives you 5% on most things bought on Amazon, no limit to the returns, the minimum return is 1% when transacting on other merchant places. I feel the card is a no-brainer unless I'm missing something.

Yup. Have been using Axis Ace Card since Jan. Only catch if you are a low spender is the 2 lakh spend limit to avoid annual fee. But even then if you spend 1 lakh and get 2000-3000 cashback it's worth in that sense to pay the annual fee.

Apply for the sbi simply click card if you shop on Amazon hugely. It has a reward rate of 2.5% on every transaction made on Amazon, clear trip, netmeds, etc. That includes gift cards (use this instead of directly wallet load) , bill and insurance payments. When ordering on Amazon, use the affiliate link on SBI YONO app. You'll get 5% (uncapped) back as Amazon Pay balance + 2.5 % reward rate on sbi simply click. 5% back on Flipkart ( cap of Rs 750 per order) + 1.25% reward rate. On hitting 1 lakh spend, you get rs 2000 clear trip vouchers. On hitting 2 lakh spends, you get another Rs 2000 clear trip voucher.

Effectively, the reward rate on Amazon becomes
5%+2.5% + (2% on hitting milestone)

On other online spends, it's 1.25%. Offline reward rate is bad though.
Plus you get to enjoy all SBI credit card offers during sales on Amazon, Flipkart, etc, unlike the Amazon pay card.

If you buy from Amazon using HDFC smartbuy link you get flat 5% CB (adjusted in next statement) for prime/non-prime members. ICICI gives low CB for non- prime members.

For bills, recharges HDFC usually has 5% / 10% cb offer through payzapp.

With all these you get your normal reward points/milestone bonus like 500 voucher on spending 50k. Sometimes you also get extra spend X to get Y offers.

Now ofcourse hdfc has no proper CB tracking system and sometimes you may miss few CB.

@royalroy I'm a SBI bank customer, and the 5% cashback on Amazon/FLipkart is for all transaction made thru Yono app, this is not linked to credit cards. SBI is doing this to promote Yono, the promotion will keep changing I guess.

essentially the 2.5% you mentioned is the simply click card cash back, which is in points. What is the redemption value of the points in rupees ?

@Smh did you read the fine prints of the 5% cash back using payzapp ? it says max cashback of Rs 75.
Also, I think you do not get points via ordering on partner portals like Amazon using Smartbuy, you only get CB. Check on smartbuy, it says cashback/points.

Last edited:
@bhojv74 Yes, the uncapped 5% offer on YONO is for all SBI customers. It doesn't matter whether you are a prime member or not. You need to use SBI debit/credit/ net banking. It's there for the last 3-4 years. If you use Simply Click credit card, you'll get additional 2.5% rewards + milestone benefits. 2.5% rewards may be redeemed for Amazon or Cleartrip vouchers, not cash. (Rs 2.5 for every Rs 100 spent). Also, some Apple products, latest gen OnePlus and xiaomi products, gift cards, recharge, bill payments are excluded from 5% offer on YONO. They'll list the exclusions when you click on the link on Yono. But you get the 2.5% reward on Simply click for every transaction on Amazon, except for wallet loads.

Got my Amazon ICICI Credit Card. It arrived within 2 days of application after I did Video KYC on day of application.
I had only Citibank Credit card, and not sure what will happen to it in future, who would own it, so was thinking to get backup card.
My first choice was HDFC Credit card as I have Savings account with HDFC, but I guess they have suspended new Credit card.

Amazon has good cashback offers, and no apply fees or annual fees. My Citibank has Zero annual fees if Annual transaction is above Rs 30000.