Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

Credit Card: ICICI Bank and Amazon launch co-branded credit card. Here's what is on offer

As a start, the card is being offered on invitation to ICICI Bank customers who use the Amazon.in app. The select customers will be able to see their invite on the Amazon app. They can apply for the card immediately to get a ready-to-use digital card instantly, in a completely digital and paperless manner. Using the digital card, customers can immediately start shopping online, without having to wait for the physical card to arrive. The physical card is also sent to the customer by the bank within a few days.

Over the coming months, the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card programme will also be extended to other customers. "At the moment it is open to only ICICI Bank customers who have a depth of relationship with Amazon. And in about 60 days we will start offering it to non-ICICI Bank customers who have a history with Amazon," said Sudipta Roy, General Manager & Head - Unsecured Assets & Cards, ICICI Bank.

With regards to the know-your-customer (KYC) process, Roy said for ICICI Bank customers, there is no need for additional KYC, once they have applied, they will get the card instantly. "However, for non-ICICI Bank customers, the KYC process will have to be followed. It will take up to 48 hours to complete the process. The customer can only start transacting once the KYC is done," added Roy.

Last edited:

@Nishant got approval for his physical card today.
@mhsabir got approved for virtual card today.

i don't have any card with icici so i can't apply. i believe they are enabling it for folks who have icici bank credit card linked to their Amazon account?

I do have one card linked to my Amazon acc (not mine though)

this card offer is available both on app and desktop ?

5% for prime and 3% for non-prime is a nice offer for regular amazon shoppers

you also get 2% on funds deposits to Amazon pay so that's also nice. (though i guess it's better to just use the card?)
makes no sense why amazon would encourage people to not use Amazon Pay to buy stuff from them lol.

whoa. maybe it's smart. people would use the card more. refunds deposits in Amazon pay. amazon has access to that cash. that you would avoid using because buying using card gets you more funds? lol.

the whole credit thing is to push emi, make you purchase more and if Amazon increase 5% price on all items like their fake deals people not using card will have significant disadvantage on high price items.

i. Amazon Prime cardholders earn 5% back on Amazon.in purchases except for payment towards e-books, gift cards (both physical and digital), load and reload of Amazon Pay balance: Money, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, which will earn 2% back. No earnings for gold and EMI purchases on Amazon.
ii. Non-prime cardholders earn 3% back on Amazon.in purchases except payment towards e-books, gift cards (both physical and digital), Amazon Pay Money load and auto reload, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges will earn 2% back. No earnings for purchase of gold and purchases through EMI payment option .
iii. Earn 2% back on 100+ Amazon Pay partner merchants (list of merchants accepting Amazon Pay) by using this card on Amazon Pay as payment method
iv. Earn 1% back on all other payments except fuel purchases
v. No joining fees or annual fees

vi. No limits on earnings for this credit card.

vii. No expiry date to your earnings
viii. 1% surcharge waiver for all fuel purchases
ix. Earnings are in the form of Amazon Pay balance, redeemable across 16 crores + products on Amazon.in and across 100+ Amazon Pay partner merchants (list of merchants accepting Amazon Pay)
x. Automatic conversion of earnings to Amazon Pay balance on completion of every billing cycle of this credit card within 2 days. Applicable Amazon Pay balance is added to the Amazon account used to apply for this card. You can see earnings for the past billing cycles in your credit card statement issued by ICICI. For more details on how to see your earnings, please visit ICICI FAQs.
xi. There is no minimum redemption amount and no fees on redeeming earnings.

like this is too good

no minimum requirements to redeem or purchase
no expiry date
lifetime free
no fees of redeeming
2% on recharge and bill payments

cons kya hai ?