Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

What if he doesn't get a unsecured credit card pre-approved offer and he wants to open a fd in hdfc and wants to deposit 1 lac for it?. He needs to remove it from icici bank right?(unless he is rich, then no problem).
Yes he can close FD in ICICI which will also close the credit card. Obviously if it's an emergency you have to do it but recommend not to as it will ruin your cibil score.

Fixing cibil score is much harder than messing it up.

SBI also has a similar cc against fd offer and you can request to remove the lien from your FD after a while, so you can keep your card without FD.

Since he does not have any credit line, his cibil is anyways zero. Credit card on FD is not a credit line. It is a fully secured loan.
Cibil is nothing but your Credit worthy you are. This is decided on your past credit lines. How good you are at paying the dues.

@mikrotik no cc against FD show up in your cibil score as any other card not as loan which again will generate your score. ICICI even advertise this card to build your cibil score.

For beginners these cards are recommended to build a score.

And obviously he checked his score from cibil so like there is no confusion about validity of score.

This card claims to be with no entry fee & free fr life but when I go into the terms & conditions, (which I have to select via a check box) what I find there is the regular spiel they give to other customers. Which is 500/- entry fee & 500/- annual fee which can be waived off if u spend over 150000/-. Don't know what to believe remember I had mentioned that their systems being mucked up. This just another of those cases.

I think you are talking about coral card. Its is normally not free. But offered free only to selected few who have good banking relationship with icici. If you are unsure then ask them to email you in written from their official id.

Yup, I got it in an email. 3 cards were offered, I opted for coral. Supposed to get 500/- cashback if used in first 7 days. But unsure if I need some code.

UPDATE 1-9-2020 1950 hrs: After a day of getting umpteen calls from eager agents. It was clarified that the Rs 500/- cash back for a purchase with 7 days of getting virtual card. Its done automatically.

Last edited:
My friend found this when browsing after his Amazon pay ICICI bank credit card application was rejected. No reason was given.
IMG-20200903-WA0000.webp

Update : 05-09-2020 : My application for Amazon ICICI card got rejected. No reason specified..

They have asked me to resubmit by application after 180 days.