Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

on customer care now. stanchart usually works but need to know why they are blocking mcg water billing payment gateway lol.

payments on mcg website is also very risky. half the time they show payment failed. money is deducted. and they ask you to wait for 5-6 days to see if the system got the payment or not.

ok. so icici said that there was some hold on my card that they have removed. i just used the card last night at a retail store. so not sure what was the problem.

tried paying again while on hold with customer care and the payment went through.

and they also confirmed that Amazon charged my card twice yesterday. though both payments were marked as failed. amazon did send me a message later that they have issued a refund. so this got clarified on the same call as well.

Cards can be flagged for a multitude of reasons. Maybe the repeat failure triggered your card for a hold.

But no payment failed lol. Amazon showed error. ICICI sent no mail or sms. I used the card last night at a restaurant. Hard to say if it was blocked for online payments though.

Have you guys ever availed the 20% or so discount at resturant for these credit cards?
Do we have to specify before ordering something about the discount or is it automatically applied

While paying you can ask them which card gives discount. They will let you know. They need to make transaction from specific card machine.

Had to call again to get it unblocked 🤦

ICICI Customer Care person told me that they block unexpected transactions. Especially the ones they do not think should happen more than once in a month. But then even the first water bill payment transaction was blocked so this does not hold lol.

I guess I would have to continue using StanChart for municipality payments... This is the first time I have faced this issue since I got the card.

Last edited:
Hello . for those who are facing problem in getting USER ID of Amazon icici credit card after approval , call 1800 1020 123 and select 1 1 from ivrs . you will be redirected to icici agent . he will help you in getting user id

Current statement section seems to have more updated data. It does show double payment and the refund from Amazon.

ICICI bank discount is not applicable for Amazon Pay icici card on Samsung website too , that means its the Bank which decides which cards to exclude and which cards are eligible.