Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

The most surprising credit card application for me was OneCard (The metal card), all they did was an OTP verification and I was issued a virtual card with 3L+ limit. No documentation, no KYC, nothing. :O

The only thing I can think of is that I have a salary account with IDFC bank that issues the card. However even for my wife, the card was issued immediately (no existing relationship with IDFC bank), but with a much lower limit.

I already have a Citi credit card which is more than 5 years old and it has a pretty solid credit limit, so maybe they didn't want to give me a new one. But I'm just worried about any new application hitting my Cibil otherwise I'd really get this ICICI Amazon card. Quite useful.

Maybe they might think that you won't end up using your new card since the Citi one already has a generous credit limit?

I am simply interested in exclusive offers on different cards. And @kkapoorr that's true. Because the existing one has a limit above 5 lacs. But the reason they gave me for thr rejection was high unsecured credit limit.

My friend has an SBI Elite card, he gets 2 free movie tickets a month. I've an SBI FBB, so I get fixed discount on big bazaar plus a gift voucher every year. It's all about the offers for us.

K3nvrzs.png

cute.
They ask company details even when they issue by invitation. The best part is they even want your company email Id, even many ICICI bank employees don't have company email id😁. When they say pre Approved credit card for existing customers (because of balance in account) why ask questions. I told them I already have a v good hdfc Bank credit card with a much higher limit so they can stuff their cc.
Incidentally my hdfcbank cc was by 'invitation only' at that point in time & they required only signatures & photos that's all.

Last edited:
@Sushubh You can put my proprietorship's name or a different companies name over there. 😛

@socrates I've an HDFC CC, and they're lazy as a sloth. In case of a fraud charge, they won't void the transaction until the amount is settled and then make you go through a lot of paperwork and hassle. Citi > HDFC. Citibank called me and gave me a free CC replacement when they suspected that my details were a part of a database leak. And after a month, all my friends HDFC credit cards got hit by fraud charges.

Strange my exp was better. Once I got an sms that cc is blocked for security reasons. Their email gave details that someone abroad had tried to use. They blocked it as I had disabled that option. After a few hrs they enabled it again. But the bank itself is quite chalu (corrupt) one has to keep an eagle eye on them but aren't all banks the same. Remember the adage "A banker is one who holds an umbrella over ur Head when its sunny and takes it away when it starts raining ".

Here the charges were made in Romania, while the card holders are here in Delhi, and HDFC didn't budge. Took them more than a month to close the case.

Thankfully I haven't had any frauds on my card. I use 2 CCs, both received during college time during fests: Amex Membership Rewards card of 25K limit & ICICI Coral of 50K limit.

Amex has stopped the limit upgrades during Covid, asked me to call back in Sept. I want to use that as my primary card in maximum places, but the limit gets exhausted every month easily. Amex's offers are pretty good though.

They asked me for IT returns coz self employed...
I am also self employed. Though my Amazon pay balance was avg 20k+ for 3 months before they processed my long struck application.

@Samuel citibank can never be your 4th or 5th card. Always 1st or 2nd. They have been too strict lately.