• Views Views 5,430

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Amazon MP3 digital media store launched
Online retailing giant Amazon has finally launched their digital music store as they aim to take on the dominating player in this market Apple iTunes. Amazon MP3 store has been launched with more than 2 million tracks available for download and all of them are DRM free!

Last edited:
Amazon MP3 adds Warner Music Group catalog Amazon has announced that they are now offering Warner Music Group music on their Amazon MP3 music download service. Users of the service would now be able to get access to DRM free music from artists including the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Madonna and Metallica.

Last edited:
Those Mp3s are lame 3.97 alt-preset-extreme too.Does not get any better than that as far as mp3 is concerned.Not sure bout the price tho.

Amazon MP3 would get international launch this year Amazon has said that they are now working on launching their Amazon MP3 Store in other nations around the world. The Amazon MP3 store was launched late last year and has become one of the most potent challengers to the Apple iTunes.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this turns out.They are relaeasing mp3s encoded with lame 3.97 v0 or alt-preset-extreme along with high quality art+liner notes. No DRM but me thinks with some sort of digital watermarking system with identifialble info to keep everyone honest.Prices are variable which is what the rec companies wanted as they were sick of that 99 cents/tune for all tracks.

not coming to india of course.

hmm..why ?no shipping + customs charges.So long as you have a credit card or paypal (do they accept that ?)Don't think it should matter from where ever the customer is.

Apple has to sign up deals with music companies in each country where they have to launch the itunes store.i am pretty sure drm free music would make it more complicated for them to get permission for countries where privacy is highly prevalent.

Don't follow, are you saying we have very high standards for privacy in India ?!?

well... itunes is not available in india. reason probably being the high piracy levels.Amazon store technically is also pretty much useless in india.most digital media stores are country specific for the simple reason being they need deals for each of the countries with the music companies.i meant piracy not privacy.... 😀 laptop keyboards are not my cuppa tea.

well... itunes is not available in india. reason probably being the high piracy levels.

You can't always get everything with piracy you know 😉

..if one is ready to put up the cash i don't see why they have any problems with it.

i meant piracy not privacy.... 😀 laptop keyboards are not my cuppa tea.

LOl, i should have figured, but you got to add an extra V + shuffle a cpl of letter to get to privacy from piracy.

Don't blame keyboard when it is PEBKAC 😛

Amazon MP3 Downloader now for LinuxAmazon MP3 is one of the most formidable rivals to the Apple iTunes service in the US market.They have now made available their media downloading application on the Linux platform which further boost the availability of their media on various platforms.

Last edited:
Amazon MP3 now second largest digital music store Apple iTunes is the market leader when it comes to selling digital media. However, it also happens to be the second largest retailer of music in the US market.

Last edited:
Amazon MP3 to come preloaded on Google G1 on T-MobileThis is great news for people who are planning to get their hands on the just launched Google G1 mobile phone in the US market.Amazon has announced that their Amazon MP3 digital media store would come bundled with the device in the US market.

Last edited: