Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Amazon Prime Video is stepping up its content offering in India with the launch of Channels, which will feature a variety of add-on streaming services available at additional cost to subscribers.

In total there are eight premium streamers being added to the platform: Discovery+, Lionsgate Play, DocuBay, Eros Now, MUBI, hoichoi, manoramaMAX, and ShortsTV.

The move makes Amazon Prime Video a content aggregator in India, as it is in other countries, becoming a one-stop-shop for thousands of additional pieces of content across the spectrum of film and TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they get more subscriptions.

I am not able to understand how it works. Would it be live channel which is broadcasted live, or On-Demand Video which starts streaming when we go there?
Also where would it be placed? I am assuming it could be like Hotstar has NGC, Marvel, etc.

You can watch shows from other streaming services inside prime video. After you subscribe to them. Unified interface is the advantage.

Yc9LFGI.webp

I am not sure if you can connect your existing subscription on these services to your prime video account. It should be possible I suppose. Can't check because I am not subscribed to any of these.

Services listed at my end:

Mubi: Rs. 1999/year
ShortsTV: Rs. 299/year
Docubay: Rs. 499/year
ManoramaMax: Rs. 699/year
HoiChoi: Rs. 599/year
ErosNow: Rs. 299/year
Discovery+: Rs. 299/year
LionsgatePlay: Rs. 699/year

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
Barring LionsgatePlay, all other prices are introductory and will be valid for the first year only. Here are the full charges from the second year onwards.

Mubi: Rs 3588/year
ShortsTV: Rs 499/year
DOCUBAY: Rs 999/year
ManoramaMax: Rs 999/year
HoiChoi: Rs 899/year
ErosNow: Rs 399/year
Discovery+: Rs 399/year

So, if I open the LionsGate listing, it does not show me that the same content is available from another platform where I am already subscribed.

AcWjE9y.webp
Mgqigbr.webp

I guess that would be too much to expect.

they seem to be keeping them separate apart from search. it should have been separate for search as well.

recommendations on a title seems to be from that specific service only. though i did not check multiple titles.

and because of this feature addition, now all listings on the homepage have prime branding on them. so much idiocy. either keep them completely separate. or merge the services that the user has already subscribed for. this is just like the shit Amazon.in search is these days. you would get everything (ads, completely different brands, completely different products) but the product you want through the amazon service you want it through (prime/fresh/pantry/now/whatever).

gotta love the tiny blue prime sticker on all prime video content.

w9x9s9H.webp

There are a few content that overlap with other platforms. If a new user sees that the content they want to watch is on other platform, then they may just subscribe. Now we just have to use extra steps to watch content, first confirming if it's available on prime or not.
And yeah, the search on Amazon is just crazy. When I bought the chair a few months back I had to google search because amazon just wasn't showing what I wanted.

by the way, are they undercutting the pricing of the services by offering lower introductory price or is it similar to what these services offer on their own platform?