Amazon launches Junglee.com Shopping Platform in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 10,803
Would love to see them challenging flipkart and other big companies.

Support India and use Flipkart 😛

Anyways, by all means (including financially) flipkart has gone so far so deep with its operations in India that its position will be hard to challenge. Its now a common household name in India and is very rapidly gaining the trust of Indians who used to hesitate for online shopping since ages (fact) and till now it has been very successful in that..

I know many people who purchased something online for a first time ever in their lives and used flipkart for that.

seen this news on business channel. they are coming to India with a name of Amazon MARKETPLACE because FDI bill is still not passed in parliament.

Better competition means better service which will help us either way.

I actually worked for a company named Jaldi.com which was one of the first big e-commerce stores in the Indian market. This name reminded me of that name. 🙁 Funny thing... the terms Junglee and Yahoo are both associated with a single song featuring Shammi Kapoor. Yahoo has had a bumpy ride over the last couple of years. Let's hope what happens to Junglee.

Many feel currently there is an Ecommerce bubble in India.
I personally know some 10 online tshirt stores that have cropped up in the last few months.
Add to it a few online grocery stores,ornament stores and what not.
The Problem is many are starting ecommerce sites so that they get acquired by some big fish like Amazon.
Few Ecommerce sites have been shut down.Read Here
Expect many of these ecommerce sites to be shut down in a year or s😵nly those at the top will survive.

You are missing the point. It is a shopping search engine. Not an online store.

why did they bother changing the name? Amazon is a well known brand name even in India. i mean well known by most of the online community.

one major reason is that junglee is not an online store. Amazon might use their own branding for their own store in the future when they get the required licenses etc. ebay also operated as baazee in india for a while after they acquired them. indian regulations are not very favorable to online stores owned by international companies.