Amazon launches Junglee.com Shopping Platform in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 10,795
The products listed on junglee.com do not show actual pricing at product page, rather it is revealed at the check out page ! Among other reputed sites - flipkart, letsbuy, timtara, koovs, sulekha are better !

mmm. from what i see the service shows the lowest price for the product at different sections. the product page shows the prices from different stores.

Shows 29k price for nikon d3100 @junglee and when it takes to the website it is 32k. 🙁

I was thinking of but clicked back and then it took me to someother page and you know I'm too lazy to search again. 😛

so much hype around Amazon launch and this is what they come up with??a horrible looking website, bad pricing and not much on sale from Amazon directly..

Shows 29k price for nikon d3100 @junglee and when it takes to the website it is 32k. 🙁

BuyThePrice is offering some discount to ICICI customers. Could be, they have posted that price including the discount, though they should stated that as a footnote.

Of all the people complaining I wonder how many actually follow national news... Amazon is not selling anything in India because they are not allowed to sell anything in India... I really don't know how most ppl just wanna blame amazon for the bad pricing... Even on Amazon.com most of the better priced products are the ones offered from amazon itself... As that is not possible in India coz of the stupid politics its not really Amazon's fault... Anyway I am hopeful in the future FDI in retail will be allowed & we will be able to get the real entry of Amazon & other companies in India... Until then flipkart & other online websites are doing one hell of a job 🙂...

Just now came to know that jungee.com is charging 2% extra for Credit Card and additional 4% VAT on all products .
how can they charge?? they are simply functioning as the google equivalent of a product search.

----------

edit: just saw a couple of things from amazon.com for sell on junglee priced in INR. seller is listed as Amazon.com. when u click on it , it takes u to amazon.com for ordering !

because Amazon sell some items like the kindle globally. these items have international shipping. and they have included these products for search on junglee.

Actually, Amazon has"Amazon Global International Shipping" for some products in amazon.com. Only some of the products are enabled for this program and, even for those products, the shipping cost will be significant. But for high end/premium products, the total cost ends up being cheaper compared to, say, ebay.in or flipkart (if you can find them here at all).