Amazon Kindle Store launched in India

mhm. we pay the same price as international consumers when it comes to software and apps from online stores. of course developers have the option to charge us lower but no one does.

Finally..

In that sense.. RIM is slightly better as the prices vary a bit based on region. A $1 app costs Rs.37 & not Rs.55. And its set by RIM not developer. Developer can choose a region & set a price & RIM would set it accordingly for other regions

Finally..

Eh? What?

Have you tried the app store on WP7 phones? I remember paying Rs. 100 for 99 cent apps. Anyway, I abandoned that piece of shit platform and now it is almost dead. Not to mention, I was charged conversion fees, credit card fees because Microsoft's payment gateway was based offshore.

lol. no idea. but on google play store... i pay the regular conversion fee. so a 99 cent app usually costs around 50 rupees. have not been charged a premium ever.i assume the app developer might have manually put a premium for the app sale in the indian market? 😀

In that sense.. RIM is slightly better as the prices vary a bit based on region. A $1 app costs Rs.37 & not Rs.55. And its set by RIM not developer. Developer can choose a region & set a price & RIM would set it accordingly for other regions

Eh? What?

Amazon providing some support for India...of course.. 🙂

two other updates today. chroma is selling it through their stores. and Kindle Direct Publishing is also now open to indian writers.

Last edited:
Amazon has done it. Kindle Section is open.
Kindle basic reader (WiFi, 6") is available at Rs 5990.
Coming on 27 June.
Kindle Paperwhite - Rs 10,999.
Kindle Fire HD (16GB, WiFi) - Rs 15,999
Kindle Fire HD (32GB, WiFi) - Rs 18,999
Kindle Fire HD (8.9" 16GB WiFi) - Rs 21,999
Kindle Fire HD (8.9" 32GB WiFi) - Rs 25,999

Ebooks have arrived as well with Kindle. Awesome. 😀As a promotional offer, Amazon is offering 1 free ebook daily uptil 26 June.Err you get redirected to Amazon.com if you are looking to purchase them. Facepalm.

I have to say I am a little bit disappointed with the pricing ... Its not bad per se but it could have been a little more aggressive... I had hoped that they would price it closer to 13k which would have put pressure on the nexus 7... Right now without the prime set of services the nexus 7 is a much better deal... I hope these companies realize that India can be a major market for vfm android devices and put in the same kind of aggressive strategies that samsung put in here in India...