Amazon Kindle

the end of paper.duh.it's bad that they are actually going to charge customers to access newspapers and blogs!

Paper is not going anywhere. Not in another 100 years at least. Not till these folks do something about technology, backward compatibility and bit-decay (nice word that). I have books with me that are 30/40/50 years old. I would like to know what people with data on punched cards are doing with that right now.

what do i do with my 1.2" flopppppppppppppppppppppppies 😛my laptop does not have the 1.4" floppy drive ...and i am not sure if the floppy drive on my desktop works any longer.

1.2" - what is that? The 5 1/4 one or the Japanese one? I have only seen the regular 1.44" drives and the bigger one which is supposed to be more reliable. Anyway, all that is ancient ancient history. If someone talks about floppies, I ask them what's that.

duh. i forgot the size the old generation floppy was. me bad!

was taking about this one:
Floppy disk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

brrr. i was confused with memory capacity! 🙂

1.2 meg and 1.4 meg i think

reminds me of this video... [video=google;-420663394921441084]http-~~-//video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-420663394921441084 😀

yeah Sony is already with their second gen reader.. that is the one in gregory's post. and its design is way better. honestly Amazon's design looks like a dotmatrix printer from the 90's and they are messing with other functions like EVDO etc so as a result battery life is a pathetic 30 hrs (compared to sony's ebook reader that is 🙂 which has battery life in days )

I hate Amazon's lock-in strategies but I guess they can be circumvented. Has anyone here used an ebook reader? I haven't looked hard but they don't seem to be easily available. I'm seriously considering getting one.

Amazon price for The Kindle DX is like $ 489 !!!....Thats just about the price for a PS3 ? Its a brilliant thing...but freaking too costly and here in India...nowhere to be found........