Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Edition (Returned)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 9,280
Guess what... It has a bright pixel. Google tells me that this problem is pretty common. Now checking how to get a replacement.

Looks like this is going to be an experience that would match my dealings with Dell. What a mess.

https://imgur.com/a/qIvBT

--

Amazon.in website is complicated. The language is messed up.

Amazon does not offer replacements as an option except for Kindles.

I have no idea what this means. Kindle does not seem to have any option for replacement. So picked the option for a refund.

Let's hope this is processed without any issues.

---

Ok. Another confusion. How do I find out if this is the first generation Kindle or the second generation Kindle because this:

Bought the Vish Puri book as planned. Already read 10% of it. Feels alright.

Amazon does not offer replacements as an option except for Kindles.
Doesn't it means that Replacements are only offered for Kindles and not for anything else? You can opt for replacement if I understood it correctly.

Navjot Singh said:
Doesn't it means that Replacements are only offered for Kindles and not for anything else? You can opt for replacement if I understood it correctly.
When I looked at the options available to me, there was just refund available. Replacement option was disabled. Should have taken a screenshot.Their FAQs page also say that refund would only work if the box is unopened. So I have no idea what is going to happen with my order lol.I would prefer a refund because Amazon can send me a refurbished unit in case of a replacement.

Their Twitter account is horribly useless.

chromaniac said:
When I looked at the options available to me, there was just refund available. Replacement option was disabled. Should have taken a screenshot.Their FAQs page also say that refund would only work if the box is unopened. So I have no idea what is going to happen with my order lol.I would prefer a refund because Amazon can send me a refurbished unit in case of a replacement.
Have you tried talking to Amazon Customer Care ?
If they send refurbished products for replacement, then this is like day-time robbery.

This guy wins the planet for me.

--

The cheapo case is quite good. The supposed magnetic lock does not seem to work.

technofreak455 said:
Does Amazon Kindle paperwhite really has pixellation at the corners as shown in the above pic?
Display is great. Of course, images (book covers) do not look good. For text it is pretty awesome.

--

And Amazon India still has not responded to my tweet.

Well. Did not find any option for replacement so I applied for a refund.
They have taken back the Kindle. It is currently in the process of reaching the seller.
Not sure if this means that I am definitely going to get a refund.
Would order again once the refund is processed. Otherwise I would have some strong words for Amazon India... That would be broadcast online through various channels.

lol yeah. especially after my dealings with Dell. i have a tendency to hate dead/bright/white/black/whatever pixels. 😀