Amazon Kindle Fire

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 50,906
reports say that it is based on android 2.1 so adobe flash might not be supported. this is not a device designed currently to be used in the international market. wait for the second generation edition.

reports are pretty strong that Amazon store is opening in india next year.

but that is unlikely to change things related to their digital services.

it would be awesome if they have something like Amazon Prime in india with international media offerings.

One of my relative who works in Amazon said that they are launching in Jan 2011.

Awesome. My only grouse is lack of a memory card slot. the locked android version etc. won't be an issue at all. This is going to sell in bucketloads and developers will port plain vanilla honeycomb to it with access to google market et al.

Toshiba 7" tab (a bit bulky but sturdy I heard with a nice grip) also wifi version only.selling well abroad. 3G/4G version will come soon.Attaching a data card to a 7" tab will be weird.!

One of my relative who works in Amazon said that they are launching in Jan 2011.

Jan 2012 😀 or maybe amazon will launch with their special machine which allows us to go in fast to unscrew the stuff that we did 😛

haha JK bro 🙂

Jan 2012? that looks too soon to be true. would be interesting to see what all they offer and how their service support is. for now, i am a flipkart fan and the only issue i have with them is that they do not sell a wide variety of stuff. 😀

They are just exploiting gullible people. It can be got for cheaper even by way of shipping and customs

I have a doubt here, the one listed on Amazon says that the item is eligible for free shipping to my location, so would 199 usd be the final price I'd be expected to pay or would I have to pay more ( because of duties and stuff) ?

free shipping to india? in any case, fire is not on sale outside the US market officially.

I have a doubt here, the one listed on Amazon says that the item is eligible for free shipping to my location, so would 199 usd be the final price I'd be expected to pay or would I have to pay more ( because of duties and stuff) ?

Amazon stuff is duty free. 🙂

What exactly is 'my location' here? They wouldn't ship it for free outside the US 😀

Amazon stuff is duty free. 🙂

I wish