Amazon India User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 65,836
Amazon India customer service has gone to SHIT. All thanks to the Virtual Customer Service thay’ve started post lockdown. They hire agents for 18k a month; with little to no experience. I’ve first hand experience of dealing with CC which is similar to the one shared above.

I have lost out of smallish benefits because of similar weird behavior by Amazon.

Basically. they have an offer where I can get 10% cashback upto Rs. x on an order worth Rs. y.
Sounds great.
I add 2 items to bring the order value to Rs. y.
But at the time of order, Amazon splits the order into two because they cannot be shipped together.
You lose out on cashback because even though the payment was made at the same time, it was for two different order.

I guess the desidime case is basically the same but just for high value.

good thing is that Amazon now usually show what cashback is applicable on the order you are placing at the time of payment. so you get that assurance that it is all properly happening.

Can confirm their customer care has gone shit. I had ordered a WiFi card for an old laptop that I have. I ordered Intel AX200NGW and the one that was delivered was Intel AX210NGW with WiFi 6E that wasn't compatible with my laptop. When I tried to return it, the automated thing told me to contact customer care. I contacted them and even shared the pics that show the wrong model delivered. Even then they had to log an 'investigation' that would take 4 - 5 days.

When I contacted them again to know the status, they offered me 'concession'. I didn't agree and they finally agreed a return with refund. The product was picked up yesterday and is on it's way back.

but what was that chat.

CS rep working from home drunk or high? casually mentioned they have customers personal details and in the end bye from 'customers city name'

The mention of Flipkart might have triggered the rep.

They obviously have access to our personal details. How else do they verify if the account belongs to us?

Yes they obviously have access to personal details and there is no reason to mention that. CS rep mentioned that here to intimidate the customer.

What ever triggered him/her it's completely unprofessional for any company support to talk like that. And pretty sure against Amazon's quality policy too.

Few weeks back I faced very bad experience with Amazon CC.
I had ordered Tablet cover. After receiving it, the colour was not as displayed, so I requested return and refund.
I got update that return was scheduled between 7 AM to 9 PM. By 9 PM, status was displayed as Return Refused by Customer. I use to call CC, they updated new date, and same thing repeated on another date. I also followed on email and Twitter. Finally in 5th attempt return was collected after 10 days. I asked guy why return was refused on previous 4 occasions. He said he was on holiday and there maybe no other person available to collect!

nhdWNCZ.jpg

Because nothing can be done about it. This is going to be a permanent change. Expect more such experiences.

Off-late I have noticed that if you are checking out a product again and again on Amazon, or if an ad leads you to a product. In a few days you will see the price has been increased by 500. I have noticed this happening on about 3 products. Or is every seller increasing the prices in the electronics category?