Amazon India User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 250
  • Views Views 65,857
that guy charged me 30rs for restocking fee though the product had some issues with my phone model as acknowledged by him. contacted Amazon just now and they gave back my money as gift card.

So, Amazon did something awesome a couple of days back. I'd ordered a screen guard two weeks ago, which arrived damaged. Sent it back for replacement, but the new piece never arrived. So, support suggested I place a new order which they will refund. I placed a new order, and they refunded it after the delivery of the screen guard. Now, when I opened the packaging, I was mighty pleased and pleasantly surprised to see that they'd sent me the very same damaged screen guard that I had them pickup earlier. Not even a new damaged item, the very same! 🙂

Lol my latest order is coming via India lost ( typo I meant to type post 😛 ) , a door bell. I hope it works lol.

Postman will deliver it?
Doesn't Amazon have something like ekart? Lame they using slow service. They sent.my toothbrushes via amex lol

Ya pretty good with.my china posts....current tracking showing in gurgaon..

I've pretty much limited my online shopping to just Amazon these days mainly due to their expedited shipping options. Having the stuff you order get delivered the same day itself is really something. And to top it all, their return process is smooooth! I recently bought a speaker system which turned out to be not all that great and after trying it for a couple of days, I initiated a refund claim with the option "Performance or quality not adequate". They came to pick it up the next day in the selected time slot and 2 minutes later, I receive an sms saying the refund has been issued. No questions asked, literally.

Pro-tip: Only order with Cloudtail or select highly rated FBA sellers to have a smooth hassle free experience.

Right. I returned a perfectly fine Xiaomi smartphone because I did not realize that it had a removable battery and I had to insert it in. I kept trying to charge the phone without the battery and thought that the phone was DoA. Was returned without any hassle. Ended up buying another one from Flipkart. Faced the same issue. Realized that I was just being an idiot.

ha! 🙂 Flipkart on the other hand was such a grueling experience for me. The Moto E I got from WS Retail was such a piece of garbage that it literally was burning hot after 5 minutes of usage. I tried to ask for a replacement (not even a refund) but nooo, they wouldn't let me have it... I had to write in length about the problem, had to be available to take a call from their tech expert team the next day and describe in detail what the issue was. The person who called me was such a rude obnoxious chap who made me feel like I was somehow scamming them and that I wasn't even entitled to a replacement. His sage advice was for me to use the phone for two more days and not to jump to quick conclusions about the product. I hung up and gave away that phone to someone else. This was over a year ago.

I rarely return stuff, I often read about poor sellers on Amazon having to incur losses on product returns that have no defects and it makes me feel guilty. I guess Cloudtail/Amazon being a faceless corporation made it a lot easier for me to return this one.

Nowadays, they ask you to install some app that does inspection of your phone to check for claimed defects. Airtel Netxpert type nonsense. Most of the times, it has nothing to do with the actual problem. It is easier to lie than to share original problem to get a refund from Flipkart for defective device.

A friend recently faced this issue. Though the problem was not with the device. He lives in USA and is here in India for a few months. He broke his iPhone so had to get a replacement phone for use. He bought the 6P and realized later on that the Indian model is different from the US one wrt supported bands. He being an American, asked Flipkart for a return and explained his issue. The phone was useless for him.

Flipkart obviously refused to accept it as a valid reason. I cannot fault them for it. The phone actually has no problems. But the reason for return is a logical one. Too bad we do not have the concept of returning a newly purchased product with a restocking fee.

Thankfully the guy on the phone advised him to use a different excuse and file another return issue. I asked him to use the excuse of uneven display. After going through the regular shit (install their diagnostic app and run some tests), the phone was returned and money refunded.

Sure a lot of people misused the no-questions-asked return policy they had till few years ago... But the whole policy change has started hurting people with genuine complaints. I would have preferred to buy my 6P through Amazon if I had the choice to pick between the two. 6P became available on Amazon just this week. Thankfully, I got a piece with no visible defect (for now) from Flipkart. Dealing with their support is a pretty nightmarish experience these days.

Last edited:
so i had ordered a digital thermometer around 10 days ago. it was to arrive at my place around 5 days ago but the order was delayed and i finally got it today. i noticed that the printed mrp on the product was Rs. 170 but I had paid Rs. 180 for the same. I just sent a casual FYI mail to the company. In less than 10 minutes, they added a Rs. 50 gift card to my account and an apology mail. :angel:

My last 3 orders from Amazon were delivered earlier then estimated date.
I had ordered Steam machine with mask and touchless thermometer which arrived 1 day before, and Moto G4 Plus arrived 4 days before estimated date.