Amazon India slowly discontinuing refunds on electronics items

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Smartphones are already excluded. The list is now much longer.

9o2PSL.jpg

Tablets, laptops, desktops, monitors, cameras, camera lenses...

still good atleast replacement is the option. Refund is mostly change of mind thing, instead of discontinuing they better charge 5% restocking fee like in US.

yup. the people who are misusing the system would probably think twice with a restocking fee. people with genuine complaints would have an option to get something that suits them better for a charge.

^ True, ppl also abusing their replacement policy. I read ppl posting on MIUI forum that they convert their 16gb Redmi note 3 to 32GB by buying both 16gb & 32Gb together, and later asking a replacement for 32gb and sending 16gb in the 32gb box instead.

I loved their return/replacement policy, gives a complete peace of mind, with these restrictions around I would need to be careful. For example, I bought 16gb DDR3 from flipkart, and canceled 2 hrs later after seeing the low rating of the seller, instead went for Amazon fulfilled seller with 200 bucks higher cost.

simple thing would be to charge 5% restocking fee but I think many people still use Cash on delivery and taking restocking fee in cash might delay their delivery boys.

mmm. when you refund, you just cut the restocking fee from it? applies to cod orders too. mostly the money is deposited in the bank account right?

oh? I thought money is returned to hand incase of cod 😀 never done cod before. but in case of cod, how come flipkart transfer money if they don't have bank details?

no idea really. even if they are refunding cash which seems unlikely, they can cut the restocking charges from that refund. they already have the money. they do not have to take anything from the customer. of course with cash refunds, the delivery guy would probably need to deal with the angry customer on why he is not getting full amount back if such a system is established.

Even if they have delivery boys doing 10 COD refunds per day, It would mean carrying huge amount of cash as well as time spent at each customer house counting the money and making sure coorect amount of money is given to customers. I doubt Amazon would be willing to make their delivery boys work more responsibilites.

Anways people who got refunded in COD orders should be able to answer our queries

The same thing applies to COD deliveries! They deliver the product, collect cash. Have to check all the notes for fakes. Carry it with them through the day! And considering a huge segment of the market still order with cash on delivery... Even 10 CoD orders could be in lakhs. I mean just look at smartphones. 50 deliveries easy mean more than 5 lakhs. And these company end up selling 20-50,000 units in less than a minute during flash sales.

I had ordered something which had price above Rs 3000. Delivery guy did not take cash, but asked me swipe my debit card in some handheld device which was connected to mobile (perhaps Samsung) through USB cable. He said that for cost above Rs 1000, they don't take cash as per company policy.

COD Refunds are handled via cheques or NEFT Transfers. Once the refund is approved, Company will send you a mail asking for your bank details.