Amazon India News & Updates

Amazon India News & Updates.webp

I guess Amazon heard the news about Flipkart raising a billion dollars!

BBC News - Amazon pledges $2bn India investment

"We see huge potential in the Indian economy and for the growth of e-commerce in India," Jeff Bezos, chief executive of Amazon, said in a statement.

"After our first year in business, the response from customers and small and medium-sized businesses in India has far surpassed our expectations."

Last edited:
I seriously hope that there will be some benefit to the end consumers out of these 2 bulls locking their horns.

One thing I like about Amazon is it being taking orders and delivering them even to small towns and villages all over india. They are taking good benefit of the Indian Post where courier services are a no go. Definitely bringing more business.

lol. yeah. it's a shame that it took an american company to see the value of india post. i bet Amazon would love to acquire the whole department from the indian government.

got a nexus 5 from Amazon. few days later touchscreen was registering random presses. returned the product. got the same from flipkart. noticed the packaging had more seals and overall looked genuine compared to the amazon one.

thing is with third party sellers, I can never be sure what you are going to get. I'm wondering if the phone I got frm amazon was a refurbished one considering it was missing a few stuff that were present in the flipkart version. It was 1000 Rs cheaper than the FK version which was the same as Google Play store rate.

Atleast with WSRetail you can be sure its not a refurbished or used product, RELATIVELY !!! lol

MeSYz6c.jpg

Amazon.in: Backpacks - Tommy Hilfiger: Luggage & Bags

Prices are not bad considering the brand.

Not kidding.

India to be launch pad for Amazon's plan to deliver packages using drones; deliveries may start by Diwali - The Economic Times

"It could be as early as Diwali," said one of the sources. Amazon said in a statement that it does "not comment on what we may or may not do in the future". Amazon's Prime Air is an octocopter, a drone fitted with eight rotors. Most recently, Amazon had said it is developing vehicles that weigh less than 25 kg and travel at over 80 kmph. The drone will carry a payload of up to 2.26 kg, which covers 86% of products sold on Amazon.

Top-selling products such as mobiles and books will likely be delivered within 90 minutes-3 hours for select customers. "With regard to consumer acceptance, the good news is that people are not very familiar with the concept (of drones) and won't start with a bias against it," said Kartik Hosanagar, associate professor of Internet commerce at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

I cannot wait for Directorate General of Civil Aviation to wake up to this news.

People will take control of the drone as soon as it lands, so they have the product as well as a great toy to play with, Amazon will cry foul and stop the service within a week 😀

Dude it's India............. INDIA

And if I am not wrong, some pizza company did a test run with drones and later they were sent the notice.

Additionally my terrace (and many other in Mumbai) has so many hanging cables.. one drone is bound crash land!

And if 25KG drone falls on someone's head, the person is bound to die!

Last edited:
Amazon hits tax hurdle in Karnataka - Livemint

Tax authorities in Karnataka have stopped Amazon India from selling electronics and several other products from its warehouse in the state by cancelling the licences of third-party merchants that work with the local unit of the world’s largest online retailer, according to three people with direct knowledge of the matter.
They asked not to be identified because they aren’t allowed to speak with the media on this issue.
The Karnataka government has served notices to more than 100 third-party merchants, ordering them to stop storing their products in Amazon’s storehouses near Bangalore, two of the three people cited above said. The notices say these merchants cannot register Amazon’s warehouse as their “additional place of business”.
The merchants that received these notices include many of the top sellers at Amazon Seller Services Pvt. Ltd, the official name for Amazon India. Some of the merchants, which are primarily small- and medium-size businesses that sell electronics, apparel, books, toys and other items, also work with e-commerce companies Flipkart and Snapdeal. These merchants have been forced to stop supplying to Flipkart in Bangalore.

I guess this government is simply not happy that consumers are in control for a change.