Amazon India Introduces two day delivery in select cities (Free for now)

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Amazon.in has added a new delivery option - Two day delivery.
Usual charges - Rs 99. Current offer - Rs 49.
You will see the option of guaranteed Two-Day Delivery if your address is eligible for this service. With the Two-Day delivery option, items are guaranteed to be delivered to eligible addresses within two business days.
To get your order delivered in two business days, you need to select this option on the checkout page. If you don't get the delivery by the promised date, contact us to get a full refund of the shipping charges incurred for Two-Day Delivery.

Two-Day guaranteed delivery is only available for items Fulfilled by Amazon.
Orders must be placed within the time-frame mentioned on the product details page to get guaranteed Two-Day Delivery.The delivery charges for guaranteed Two-Day delivery are 99 per order. However, for a limited period, this option will be available at 49 per order.Only certain pincodes are eligible for this option.To get your order in two business days you need to select the Two-Day Delivery option during checkout.Large and heavy items do not qualify for Two-Day Delivery even when they are Fulfilled by AmazonThe Two-Day Delivery guarantee applies to attempted delivery by the promised date. Amazon will not be responsible to provide the Two-Day guaranteed delivery if the customer is not present at the delivery address to take the delivery.On Saturday, deliveries are not guaranteed to establishments like offices, that might be closed.
Details Page
Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth 499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. For orders less than 499, you will be charged 49 per package for delivery. However, for a limited period, delivery is FREE for all items Fulfilled by Amazon.
Free delivery on all orders is still on.

D'oh. You live in Delhi.
2 day shipping should be a standard these days at least in cities. Charging a premium for the same is hilarious.

I also got my package in 60 hrs that included Sat-Sun through normal delivery. Ordered on Fri night at 10:30 got it on Mon morning at 10:30.

I just ordered on Amazon.in and I didnt get an option for this. Realized this 2 day shipping is only if Amazon fulfills it. ie if they have it in their warehouses.

I ordered on 24th around noon. Got an email that the package was shipped on 26th and the rather unwieldy package was delivered by Blue Dart the same evening. Brilliant experience first time shopping on Amazon.in! Order to delivery in about 55 Hours!

Let's see... Who are the investors in Flipkart:
Tiger Global Management
Naspers
Accel Partners
Iconiq Capital
Dragoneer Investment Group
Vulcan Capital
Morgan Stanley
Sofina
Now check how many of these are Indian companies!

I purchased a very much Indian product, so whether it is flipkart or Amazon.in, shouldnt matter. However, if Indian sites promote Indian products with Indian financing, then this nationalistic view is fine. Flipkart is selling foreign manufactured products, funded by american investors. They are selling Indian manufactured products too, but I dont see a difference between amazon.in and flipkart. I believe flipkart will probably eventually be taken over by amazon or go bust...