Amazon Fire Tv Stick with BSNL Broadband 675/- combo plan.

Abhi1895

[OP]
Jun 14, 2017
Alwar
i was planning to buy amazon tv fire stick but i am little skeptical coz i am not sure how will be the streaming experience. I am currently on BB 675/- Combo Plan which gives me 4 Mbps speed upto 5GB and 2 Mbps beyond that (although currently they're giving flat 4 Mbps as promotional offer but that'll last only for this month). The website says that it requires a minimum speed of 4 Mbps but it didn't menytion that 4 Mbps is required for what quality (Good-Better-best) i am pretty much okay with better quality. so just wanted to know if anyone of you who has been using fire tv stick with a 2 Mbps connection to share your expeirence, it would be of immense help.

I'll just be using hotstar, youtube, voot and amazon prime (though i am not a prime member yet) not interested in Neflix.

Kindly suggest whether i should go for it or not ? because i can't upgrade my plan nor there are any private isp available here so i am stuck with bsnl.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
If videos run fine on your pc, they should run fine on your TV. Picture quality would depend upon availability of bandwidth.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
But yeah. I can't simulate a 2mbps connection at my place to test so there is that. :-(

Kar44475

Jun 18, 2017
I think BSNL promo offer is for 3 months and with 2 Mbps u could easy watch 720p videos in computer with 60sec to 70sec already buffered ! . But you can't watch 720p at 60 fps !