• Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 18,292

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Amarok 1.4.6 released with bug fixes and updatesDevelopers behind the Amarok project have released the latest version of their fantastic media player.Amarok is a much loved audio player on the Linux platform and we love it here at TechWhack. Some of the improvements in this latest version are just going to remove some of the [...]

Amarok 1.4.6 released with bug fixes and updates

Your very own Amarok team announces the immediate availability of the latest 1.4 series release, 1.4.6.
So, what's new?

Funky new icon set, featuring KDE4 Oxygen colors by Landy DeField; for 2.0 he will be working to ensure that Amarok has a complete Oxygen icon set.

Default database backend is a lot faster due to a new SQLite version.

A gigantic load of bug fixes, the main focus of this release.

Introducing rockbox support for iPod.

Performance tuning.

More wockas per square inch.

A miracle in software engineering - we added less people to an early software project
and made it later, disproving the Mythical Man-Month.

Packaged with FUKITOL.

Amarok 1.4.6 Released | Amarok - Rediscover your music

i have installed amarok 1.4.6. dunno about previous releases as i am just new to linux.but i was impressed by the performance (been using WMP the whole time 😛). i liked the interface and it looked neat.

The AmaroK website states that it supports .rm format, but it doesn't seem to be working for me! Can anybody help me out here? (BTW, this is the 15000th thread).

you need to install all plugins for xine engine from freshrpms to listen to rm i think. Amarok doesnt support any format as such , it depends on the backend it uses.

right one of the first thing you do after installing linux is to install all the major codecs. this way all the media players get access to them 😀i am yet to find a media format that my linux machine can't play :d

Rythmbox on Ubuntu played all my flac files flawlessly. However it threw a FIT over mp3s.Is there a media player for Linux that gives the same level of functionality (including media database - album-wise, artist-wise, composer-wise, genre-wise) as QMP beta does on Windows?

works fine for me. so does tons of other kde applications like:kflickrktorrentkonqueror

Mplayer plus all codecs 😀 . apt-get install gmplayer mplayer w32codecs in ubuntu .) You should have universe and multiverse repo's enabled .

Ahem.. sorry, didn't notice this topic. I have been discussing the same thing on PCLOS official forums. Nobody has a clue as to what the problem is and why aren't things working out.

PCLinuxOS