Alliance Kolkata 6mbps speed test

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 834
  • Views Views 148,329
Basically, direct downloads, browsing youtube etc speeds would be a mere 720 kbps and only peering will be supported upto 6 mbps? right?

Youtube is most likely to be cached, so youll get good speeds on that. But direct downloads will be at 720 kbps.

no peering is 20mbps on torrents which are cached in alliance NAS( most of them are so even if its not seeded by anyone it will give speed,they have about 30TB NAS setup for this) or those which are with local users in and around kolkata. direct downloads during day is 720kbps and during night 1am-9am is 6mbps. on PREMIUM package which costs 1158Rs tax included

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/speedxu.jpg/

it would be nice if you could show some names of those torrents 😛 and a speedtest.net image during night times! Would like to see what kind of torrents you get a whooping 20 mbps speed! If it's english movie scene rips etc I'm in for Alliance tomorrow! 😀Also, does the 750rs plan the recommended or whatever its name is, does that support peering @ 20mbps too?Ah! Edit again : Someone said it's just a LAN cable..no router or such thing needed, in that case, speeds automatically increase to 6mbps @ night I suppose?

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5087/alliancem.jpg

the 750Rs plan has peering of 15mbps. and torrent names are not allowed to be shown on this forum.And Ya every English movie scene rips are to be found.
Speeds automatically increases no need of re login by waking up in night.

@Siddhartha It would be great if you provide screenshots of these:1). Speedtest.net result @day + @night.2). Download speed @day + @night. (IDM more preferably)And what is the installation charge for new connection?

^wow great.. I think I will shift to Alliance from BSNL EVDO 🙂 Thanks Siddhartha btw do you get Static or Dynamic IP?

Alliance gives Static LAN ip or private ip but Dynamic Public or net ip. whenever you relogin to the net you get a new net ip address assigned. The LAN ip remains static though. The files which are on local peering or cached will give you high speed be it link-removed,torbox,link-removed.eu etc. Most of the popular movies,softwares,games you can find at high speed.Torbox is generally a simpler algorithm to view which torrent is actually with a local seed. in whatis my ip you will see your ip like 115.187.36.xx and your lan ip may be class a 10.10.xx.xx or class b 172.16.xx.xx so you will have absolutely no problem in downloading from link-removed,fileserve etc

does alliance allow multiuser? like I can insert that lan cable to the wifi router and that will work?also, i called up alliance they said it's prepaid. so it's not like that they keep changing plans right? suppose its 6 mbps right now at night, they won't change it to 1mbps after 6 months right 😛 I don't trust these cable guys tbh 😛@sidhartha it would be preferred if you used speedtest.net for testing 😉

does alliance allow multiuser? like I can insert that lan cable to the wifi router and that will work?
also, i called up alliance they said it's prepaid. so it's not like that they keep changing plans right? suppose its 6 mbps right now at night, they won't change it to 1mbps after 6 months right 😛 I don't trust these cable guys tbh 😛
@sidhartha it would be preferred if you used speedtest.net for testing 😉

They have the right to change the plans as they wish.. But I think old costumers should get what they are paying for from long time, new plans should only apply to new costumers.

Edit:

@Siddhartha Dutta thanks for the details.. In BSNL EVDO too after I disconnect and reconnect I get a new IP but its shared between many users so as a free user of sites like link-removed I suffer a lot...

Ya ISP's buy a range of Ip addresses from INA and if two many users in the range then downloading from link-removed is a headache though alliance has not that problem because most alliance users download from torrent 😛 And Alliance is Prepaid , you pay and you use no bill tensions 😛 And they changes plans every 2years with increased speeds.

I called them up. gave me a contact no, they guy gave me someone anothers name and that guy gave me some another guys number lol! he said we don't have alliance we have cable darshan I was like WTF! what to do now?

LOL what a sarcasm. It seems like your cable operator does not have Alliance. Its like some cable operators have SITI DIGITAL some have MANTHAN DIGITAL, you can't have both suppliers with same cable wala.