Alliance Connection info

ISP
Tikona
I am highly confused about how alliance provides its connection.
They say that they provide it through a lan card and i need to buy a modem, but i do not know what kind of card they provide. Do they provide a pcmcia card or do they have a fixed line?
What type of modem do i need to buy? (Please provide a model number as an example if possible)
Thanks in advance. 🙂

No modem is required, the Ethernet cable goes directly into your computer's LAN port. However, a wifi-router (preferably with MAC-Cloning option like D-Link, TP-Link, Digisol etc.) would be helpful. If you want to use a wifi router for sharing the connection, pls connect directly from PC for the first time, so that your PC's MAC gets bound with the Gateway, and then clone your PC's MAC to your router. Now you can connect through either the router or the PC as per your choice. Do remember to write down the connection settings given by the Alliance technician, such as static IP, subnet, gateway address and DNS addresses. These will come handy later. After the first connection, and everyday thereafter, please check the ping results to the Gateway address for at least 100 pings to test against any packet loss.

I am highly confused about how alliance provides its connection.
They say that they provide it through a lan card and i need to buy a modem, but i do not know what kind of card they provide. Do they provide a pcmcia card or do they have a fixed line?
What type of modem do i need to buy? (Please provide a model number as an example if possible)
Thanks in advance. 🙂

1.If you have a laptop then no lan card is required.the ethernet cable goes directly in your laptop.

2.If you have a desktop,then check if you have a lan port or not.if not then you have to buy a lan card.

3.The alliance connection is bound to a lan port.When you take a new connection they will ask which computer you want internet on and they will register your connection to the mac address of the lan port of that computer.Now you can only access the internet on that computer.If you have more than one computer then you won't be able to access internet on the second computer even if you connect the ethernet cable on that computer.

4.If you want to access internet on two or more devices simultaneously then you have to buy a wifi router with mac cloning feature.most router have this feature.
I would recommend this one.A little expensive but is a one time investment

remember DONOT BUY ADSL ROUTER

Last edited by a moderator: