Alliance Broadband WIFI config with Netgear WNR612

• Thread starter Thread starter Mausam_M
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 11,232
ISP
Alliance Broadband
Hi I am using Alliance Broadband in Kolkata. It's connected directly to the PC, no modem is used. I have purchased Netgear WNR612 to configure WIFI for my home.
But when I am connecting the Alliance cable to the router and the router to my PC, I am unable to proceed with installation. Do i need a modem too? How to go about the installation. Please guide

You wont need a modem if it was directly connected to your PC and was working. You will need to setup DHCP on your router and also may have to do mac address cloning, incase alliance broadband blocks by mac address. Your router may need to pretend it is your PC and then share its internet with rest of your devices.

How to setup DHCP and MAC address cloning? :numbness: AS when I connect the router and try to open any webpage(say for router config) it doesn't open. Is the setup in the CD provided or there's any other way?

In a browser window try
or 192.168.1.1
User name and password should be written behind your router or in the booklet - typically admin/ or admin/password or /password

1. I connected the Router to my PC.
2. Connected Alliance ethernet cable to PC
3. Switched on router
4. Entered
or 192.168.1.1 in browser. No page displayed.
What to do now?