Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

You do not have an option. You will get a black box only.
I called to local Jio GigaFiber Agent who will collect my security deposit and he told me that he have no knowledge about the black colour Jio GigaFiber ONT. He said only white colour GigaFiber ONT is available and that will be provided.

And also you didn't tell about that is black colour ONT is your second connection? Because in previous reply you said you are using GigaFiber since 2 years. But now you also showing your new black colour GigaFiber ONT.

This is my 5th or 6th connection. I do not remember.
If you have your own source of information then there is no point asking here.
LL was launched day before yesterday. CC have been informed not to tell any customer about the products that are not mapped to his account. If I will call CC today, they will assist me for my LL connection. But if you will call you will be told they haven't been launched yet.

@Sushubh you should make a sticky FAQ thread for Jio Fibre.

Someone could create a thread with most important Q&A and @Sushubh could make it a announcement/sticky. (also update it with latest correct info.)

This is my 5th or 6th connection. I do not remember.
If you have your own source of information then there is no point asking here.
LL was launched day before yesterday. CC have been informed not to tell any customer about the products that are not mapped to his account. If I will call CC today, they will assist me for my LL connection. But if you will call you will be told they haven't been launched yet.

My only concern is that how you got landline and others are not getting it?

Tbh I would prefer if there are dedicated threads for different aspects of the service. But I can't control where questions are asked and answered. This thread has become impossible to follow. I should logically lock this.

@Sushubh you should make a sticky FAQ thread for Jio Fibre.

Someone could create a thread with most important Q&A and @Sushubh could make it a announcement/sticky. (also update it with latest correct info.)
I am creating a new thread with all important FAQs for Jio GigaFiber, Jio landline and Jio GigaTV.

THIS THREAD WILL NOT GET INTO RUMOURS

Jio is bringing up new areas continously. Most of the areas are wired through underground cables.

Onboarding
Customer onboarding is similar to buying a new sim. You give a Govt. ID proof, get a live picture clicked and pay using Paytm, Credit/Debit Card or JioMoney. You will receive the bill instantly on your email along with your landline number and order ID.
You will receive a call for appointment fixation or you will directly get SMS with appointment date and time. Device is activated within 15 mins of installation if not instantly.

Termination Box
Grey coloured Terminal box is usually located outside your home. From where will be using a drop cable to take fiber inside your home.

Cabling
Earlier Jio used Black wires which had steel wire for protection of the fiber but now that has been replaced by a white cable without steel wire.

Indoor Termination Box (Optional)
A white colour 2inx2in Termination box will be fixed on wall near the placement of ONT. From the Indoor Termination Box, A fiber patch cord will be used to connect your ONT.

ONT
Currently, 3 Types of ONT are available from Jio
1. Max model- You get dual band wifi and 3 gigabit ports. Security Deposit : Rs 4500
2. Mid Model- You get 2.4Ghz Wifi and Gigabit ports. Security Deposit : Rs 2500
3. Low Model- You get Gigabit Lan Port. Security Deposit : Rs 1500

LandLine

Jio has just started providing to new customers. Jio will not be providing any Instrument for the Landline. You are free to use your own instrument or Jio4GVoice app. Any Landline Instrument will work. Calls to all networks within India are free.

Plan
This should be of least concern to you. You will get 100mbps till launch happens. Do not worry about the data usage. You will read that you can use 1.1TB per month but that is pure bullshit by idiot media.

Can you explain the last portion? Are you saying there is no data limit?
Also, I believe that the landline might be in testing in certain limited areas only as the customer service denies it and there is no news of it anywhere else at all. I was informed that they are testing it with certain preselected customers. The installer and the sales team also are unaware of it. If it were being offered to every new customer, the installation team would obviously be aware of it.

LL has been released couple of days back. Customer service will not accept till it is commercially launched. All jio related news are paid PR so you will not get this news. When did you last converse with your sales rep?
czISaCx.png

Update on jio fibre not working. Technician came in morning. There was a connector broken in outside box. Replaced it and now its working again.

closing this thread because it has become a dumping ground for everything.
if you have a question, start a new thread.
if you already have a connection, start a new thread for your own connection highlighting the locality.
if you have something new to report, start a new thread if an existing thread does not exist for that particular aspect.