All international "Gift" packages now liable for customs duty @ 77%(?)

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 420
  • Views Views 60,350
@ravenous24 👍 Although, having used both ShopNShip and BuyAndShip, I'd choose BuyAndShip any day for the simplicity of use. The price being cheaper is a bonus.

2 lb package with SnS would cost 18 USD + GST ie 21.2 USD
2 lb package with BuyAndShip would cost 17 USD

(Yes you might end up paying for an lb more in BuyAndShip cause Aramex uses 0.5 kg multiples instead of lb)

Another advantage with BuyAndShip is that the price declaration, shipment declaration, consolidation (something SnS doesn't offer) is straight forward and entirely done over their website. With SnS I have to send an invoice in their format over email and then keep following up if the package doesn't get updated in the system automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
@varkey They replied with the following when I said I don't have GST Registration :
"Dear Customer,
IEC certificate cannot be uploaded for an Individual account."

He is banned now. Find him on another forum or social platform. Maybe an existing member has his ID on messengers and they can send it to you by pm.

AjFVQs6.webp

I usually ignore a link here and there. But he has been overdoing it for the last couple of days.

is it possible to use IEC while ordering items from Amazon US and newegg ? if so how ? they apply the 44% tax at checkout .

I usually ignore a link here and there. But he has been overdoing it for the last couple of days.

I didn't understand... was he posting banned link? Or some other reason?

Anyways 😭

He is banned now. Find him on another forum or social platform. Maybe an existing member has his ID on messengers and they can send it to you by pm.
This is quite absurd, you could have deleted his post and issued a warning, no attempt was made to explicitly remind him about the rule that was broken, you just issued a ban stating he sneaked links in the past and just assume everyone in the forums is well versed with all the rules.

You further state he has been here long enough to know the rules which is idiotic as there was no explicit warning just implicit assumptions of time spent on the forums equals being versed on all the rules of this forum

A good portion of this forums traffic is from the post he either starts or has something to add too

Last edited:
What sort of import duty can I expect on a PS5 game disc (from Best Buy USA) and shipped via a forwarder to India? Price is USD 59.99.