All international "Gift" packages now liable for customs duty @ 77%(?)

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 420
  • Views Views 60,173
Local delivery is through Delhivery, no extra payment need to be paid other the customs duty and handling charges. The shipment would be marked as COD, if you make the payment online through the Aramex app, be sure to call Aramex and ask them to convert the shipment to prepaid (it doesn't happen automatically in some cases)

Package reached to myus and being processed. Fingers crossed.

As for the one that's already reached India (100rs customs one) still in Bangalore.

Delhivery is doing Pooja, Archana of it. Probably chanting "Go Corona Go" as its coming from China. -_-

Shipment left via DHL Express, it said 1-4 Days delivery but currently showing estimated delivery Friday, May 21, 2021.

SMH :/

Update, @varkey i am kinda confused, DHL is asking me for AD Code & Authorization letter for the customs, aramex never asked for all this bs. What should i do? I cannot go out and print them as well, i do have IEC certificate ready to upload, but as a Proprietor or Company, it is asking for other things.

I have uploaded digitally signed one, lets see what they do.

Should be enough, or you could just take a pic of your signature, use Adobe Acrobat reader and you can insert the signature very easily. I pretty much do that for all documentation.

@sonuyos Did the carrier raise any query or ask for additional details from you? I am guessing its pending with the Assistant Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner. This is not something which happens in the normal flow, probably additional details were requested during the initial assessment.

No, they didnt ask anything from me so far...

But it says Query Request Pending with AC/DC, shouldnt it from AC/DC?

If its something that require an input from you. mostly they'd send an email or call you on phone. It's mostly a manual process, so there can be delays.

I called DHL they said there is no input required from my end as the shipment has gone fir manual processing and they will open it.

They said there might be 2-3days delay due to them checking manually.

@varkey Made an account just to clear a few doubts from you. It concerns a huge oversight when it comes to import duties from my side. Could you please pm me since I'm unable to do it because of the new account?
Would really appreciate it.