All international "Gift" packages now liable for customs duty @ 77%(?)

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 420
  • Views Views 60,190
I think if the item value is over 2k, they'd charge 42% or so of the item value. This is for any package coming via post.

The status keeps changing, not sure of the exact meaning. I'd think that the customs officer has determined that the declaration is right or has not objected to it.

If it says Query Raised, then there is an issue which might need additional documentation from your side or Aramex's.

If everything is good and shipment has cleared it would show Exit Scanned.

I checked my notes on one of my shipments, after Appraised, it should go to X-Ray Cleared and then Exit Scanned. It would have been super good if the ECCS portal showed the history of status changes. But this itself is pretty awesome, better than hearing the same canned response from the carrier saying the shipment is under clearance.

Yes this is really cool. I also wished they showed history along with what each status denotes...I I excited man...IEC has given me so many opportunities now...God.. cannot wait to import hdds and drives now for my Unraid server...I was able to merge Tata Sky and airtel network into one too...now with this and proper customs the possibilities are endless.

Screenshot-20210508-154045-Chrome.jpg

Live update bois. Shipment left Walmart and on way to Florida to myus warehouse. Let's see how it goes

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, thinking of trying some imports out from the US using my IEC code. How exactly does the IEC linking from Shop&Ship get tagged to Buyand Ship shipments? Do I need to have the exact same Shipping address on both the websites?

@shantam2005 Based on your name and mobile number. Should be same for both and exactly as in the docs.

Shipping address should essentially match what's on the IEC as the IEC is tied to your address, so you can't use a different address unless you get the second address added to the IEC. (You can have multiple addresses on the IEC)

Yeah, I've got that at times too, I think when customs clearance takes time (be it our fault, customs officers' fault or unavoidable pandemic related issue) Aramex charges that. 🤷‍♂️

I don't remember paying delhivery extra charge for the delivery last time...did they start charging too for delivery of aramex parcel? As their site says so.