• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,572

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Looking for printer models that have a paper tray in front instead of at the top. Wireless support is not mandatory but would be very nice.

the ones i found were:
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5075 All-in-One Printer
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5085 All-in-One Printer
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5275 All-in-One Printer (I recently bought this one and it's very nice)

Basically hoping to find something that is cheaper than 5K. Something ink advantage (reasonably priced ink cartridges).

Upvote 0
I paid 6500 for 5275. Amazon was selling it for 8000 last night. but it went out of stock after that.
since i cannot find anything better, i would probably end up buying another unit when it comes back in stock on amazon.
hopefully at the original pricing!

Upvote 0
honestly, it's freaking insane that i cannot find a cheap basic (wired) all-in-one that has a paper loading tray in front!

also... HP seems to have a new series of printers under ink advantage ultra. i also looked into it. there is only one model available (HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729 All-in-One Printer) for around 9K and even that has paper loading at the top. annoying.

Upvote 0
no space at top where the printer was to be installed.

6puexjH.png

another thing i noticed is that with front loading tray, you can always keep paper in the printer as the tray is covered and locked. on top loading, there is always the possibility that dust would enter the paper loading mechanism causing issues in future. my basic laser printer is top loading and it's kind of annoying to open the mechanism at the back and insert paper before taking print outs every single time!

Upvote 0
yes. i did consider this canon model. but decided against it. mostly because canon does not directly sell to customers afaik. and i buy my cartridges directly on HP shopping website. they regularly run 10-20% discount which brings the cost of cartridges to below 500 rupees. and i try to buy during these periods. canon cartridges tend to cost more than hp and you have to get them from Amazon sellers where you have no control over quality (age). ordering through hp tends to get me a fresh stock unit with shelf life of 2-3 years.

Upvote 0
I prefer local guy for filling. In DC janakpuri you 'll finds heaps who fill in Rs.200 only.
No complaints.

Upvote 0
on related note... I think I have owned both canon and HP printers which gave me insane amount of trouble with printing not working despite an official cartridge. but my experience with my previous printer HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 was pretty good. though i started having issues with scanning after just three years of ownership.

Upvote 0
5275 is going to be the last HP i would ever buy. fucker has a brand new cartridge and is shooting blanks. after reset, it is just refusing to fetch paper from the tray. it's crazy how shit this printer has been for me. thankfully the unit i got for fufaji seems to be working fine for his casual usage. never again.

Upvote 0