• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,993
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

ISP
tata
Hello! I am desperately in need of help as I have been facing a peculiar problem with my downloads for the last 1 week, especially if i use download managers like FDM or Orbit. Several of my downloads abruptly stop at 99% or 98% and dont continue no matter even if I pause and continue them. If I delete the incomplete download and restart it again, it again downloads till 99% and then stops. I live in chennai and I am in the 2 MB Time Based Tataindicom plan(Telenet 2120 Router) so speed is not usually an issue and all the servers that I download from support resuming. Strangely, I am able to download directly under IE, Google Chrome or Opera without any issues and only downloads through Download Managers are affected. Even short movie clips of 1.5 MB or Mp3s of 3 - 4 MB download at great speed until the percentage reaches 99% and then stop. I have Windows XP professional, I GB DDR Ram and Avira Anti Virus Premium edition. (I earlier had PC Tools 2009 which I uninstalled assuming it was creating this problem). My system is also free from any Malware or Spyware and have checked it extensively. I also have CC Cleaner, Advanced Windows Care Professional and Glary Utilities on my system and they dont report any errors. Please help me solve this issue as I have several files to download and besides, the Tata folks dont seem to offer any help when I checked with them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jonathan

When any download reaches 99%, sometimes the speed drops suddenly and in some cases the connection to that particular server is lost. I've experienced this myself but this happens rarely.

Check: download stops at 99% - Google Search

change the download accelerator and see whether it solves the problem or reduces the max no. of connections in FDM for downloads.regardsneeraj kharbandanettlynx networks

It does not matter if I reduce the maximum number of connections, switch off my firewall or change the download accelerator. I still have this problem.

I have checked my comp through online virus and malware scans and it is free of any infection and I use genuine windows professional.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Jon
www.ideasonic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.