All about 'incoming free for life' mobile plans

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 8,484
Nice Article!I am never in favor of the lifetime recharge coupons. These companies are very smart in making fools of the subscribers.But Reliance lifetime offer is very interesting as it allows the subscriber to select the tariff plan according to recharge voucher.Apart from Reliance all other operators are fooling us in name of lifetime validity. :angry: So dont fall in their well laid Trap.

Originally posted by imranais@Jan 16 2006, 12:46 PM
Nice Article!

I am never in favor of the lifetime recharge coupons. These companies are very smart in making fools of the subscribers.

But Reliance lifetime offer is very interesting as it allows the subscriber to select the tariff plan according to recharge voucher.

Apart from Reliance all other operators are fooling us in name of lifetime validity.  :angry: So dont fall in their well laid Trap.
[snapback]39385[/snapback]
[/quote]

you can call it a trap. but think of it from their point of view. a company has to survive...

They can not only survive but enjoy milking their subscribers.Have u seen offers made to subscribers outside mumbai, many operators give calls within network at 10p/min and free sms for nominal rental like 1Re/day or 1.5Rs./day, but for Mumbai subscribers they give nothing away.I guess they milk a lot of money from Mumbai People considering the fact that Mumbai is commercial capital and most people here have lot of money...

just becoz u have lots of money does not mean u would throw it around in charity?

Originally posted by imranais@Jan 17 2006, 11:10 AM
I guess they milk a lot of money from Mumbai People considering the fact that  Mumbai is commercial capital and most people here have lot of money...
[snapback]39461[/snapback]
[/quote]

I fee lthe same way too.. some very basic things cost more in Mumbai

Milk : 25 Rs / Ltr
Petrol : 50 Rs / Ltr

Don't even discuss real estate rentals :angry:

dat article is not entirely correct, with Airtel u dont need to recharge every six months and only a single incoming/outgoing call within this period will suffice.Besides he is stressing a lot on TRAI, which i think is only a recommendatory body..half of their recommendations go unheard by DOT

A BBC program once said - "Mumbai is so costly that a shanty with one room in slums of Mumbai will turn out costly for most people in most countries including Great Britain". Go figure why ONE SMS on Hutch costs Rs.1.5 while people outside Mumbai circle can send 150 messages in the same amount! 😕

i am outside mumbai circle and i am supposed to pay 1.5 bucks for one sms on hutch unless i take their 2 to talk pack. 1500 sms free for 60 bucks per month.

See thats what i say 1500 sms for just 60 bucks. Mumbai subscribers are never offerred such things. People outside mumbai also get talktime packs like 10p/min for rental of just 1Re/day etc...Why we mumbaites have to bear for everything. As Netfreak said everything in mumbai is costlier than anywhere in the country.

Sushubh, you guys atleast have an option while we _dont_. My friend @ Karnatak uses Hutch and he gets 100 SMSes per day for Rs.1 rent per day. Thats 3100 SMSes for 31 bucks in a month.