Formula-1 News and Updates

Originally posted by evader143@May 16 2005, 01:49 PM
I noticed that although there being fans of F1, there seems to be no thread dedicated to the sport. Lets use this thread to post comments about about the weeks F1 race, comments , nags and anything related to F1 here
[snapback]9432[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for starting the thread. Iam looking forward to see schumy winning and I hate the following cricket gets in India despite the fact that an Indian driver is fighting harder in an inferior car than the men in blue who shamelessly lost to pakis.

well michael is having a bad time and that sucks bad.

Monaco - Session -1 - Saturday

The session started well with some of the better known cars performing marginally better than the minardis and jordans,. However I have to say that the jordans havent adapted them selves to the nature of the circuit.

When Schumacher came on the track it was obvious that he would not finish in the top places because his car was twitching all along the track.

Barichello did marginally better than his team mate, probably the problem with Ferrari is that they are using Bridgestones and these tyres are not suited for the new rules.

However Webber's was a good round and so was Alonso's but Kimi decimated their times and probably declared that McLaren is back this year.

Kimi is the only person whos in the 1:13's the rest of the pack are way back .
Ralf tried way too hard and found him self splattered on the track. So much for trying too hard.
My pick is that Alonso still may have a chance to win the race.

By the way or dude is doing pretty well in a comatose team. And well lets just fig the men in blue becoz they are a bunch of chimps always drinking cola

Schumi..... yu need to switch to michelen tyres take my advice and ask Ross Brawn to talk to Michelen guys!!!

And by the way thanks for appreciating this thread.

The race was amazing..there was specaulation that the Williams-BMW would be opting outtta formula 1 later thsi year.. but seems they wopuld like to reconsider their decision.Alonso and schumacher had hard luckAmazing race for KImi

Location Nürburg, Germany (European GP) Date 29 May 2005 Lap distance 5.148 m Laps 60 Race Distance 308.863 km Track Record 1:29.468 M. Schumacher (Ferrari), 2004 Built amid the remains of the old Ring in the wooded Eifel Mountains south of Cologne, the old track was regarded as the most challenging, even dangerous track in the world until it was taken off the calendar in 1976 following Austrian Niki Lauda's near-fatal crash. The new, shorter track opened again in 1982 and Formula One returned for the 1984 and 1985 seasons.The modern circuit has a mix of high and low-speed corners with limited overtaking possibilities, putting a premium on qualifying and fast pit stops. In 2002 the Mercedes Arena was added and it extended the circuit by almost half a kilometre.Recent WinnersYear Driver Team 2004 M Schumacher Ferrari 2003 R Schumacher Williams 2002 Barrichello Ferrari 2001 M Schumacher Ferrari 2000 M Schumacher Ferrari 1999 Herbert Stewart 1998 Hakkinen McLaren 1997 Villeneuve Williams 1996 Villeneuve Williams Any guesses who may win???

i hope michael. but i doubt it very much. ferrari are in shit this year.

just have to say OMG!!!well what an amazing race!! have to say that i hald to the couch the whole evening till the race was over!! And true to the fact the new rules are really driving the teams to the extreme!! Alonso's havin some piece of luck this year !! But too bad for Kimi who really deserved to win!!i guess so he should have just tried cruising his way around to the finish rather than pushing the suspension to its limits during the penultimate lap.better luck next time Kimi.. may the gods smile on you!!

Frankly speaking the F1 has become ever more interesting and now all the teams are on the same step . I believe earlirer it wasnt really so interesting because even a novoice could guess who'd win the race!! But this time i say guess and youll be a lucky chap to guess right.

the problem are the sick rules. single set of tyres for the entire race is way too unsafe. qualifying is boring.

On the contrary my friend i have to say that it has become more interesting like i said in one of my posts .And for a person like me who has varied interests in what i watch on TV i do say that since the rules have changed i have really gotten into watching formula 1 all the more. infact i have been into it since it was first telecast just that i lost track of it when i went for my higher studies!!Here's good news to you my friend!!Ferrari and BridgeStone have said that they are working real hard and we should soon see them on the podium more often!But apart from the tyres theres something called catching up!! which all the other teams have done and some of them have also gone ahead of ferrari.So i guess so its Ferraris time to do some catching up!

ferrari are in big trouble this year. tyres won't help them bounce back... they need significant advantage on the horse power which won't just appear within this season itself...

Course DetailsCircuit Length: 4.361 kmNo of Laps: 70Race Distance: 305.270 kmLap Record: Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams, 2002, 1min 12.836 Recent WinnersYear Driver Team 2004 M Schumacher Ferrari 2003 M Schumacher Ferrari 2002 M Schumacher Ferrari 2001 R Schumacher Williams 2000 M Schumacher Ferrari 1999 Hakkinen McLaren 1998 M Schumacher Ferrari 1997 M Schumacher Ferrari 1996 Hill Williams 1995 Alesi Ferrari 1994 M Schumacher Benetton 1993 Prost Williams 1992 Berger McLaren 1991 Piquet Benetton 1990 Senna McLaren who's gonna win this year any bets???im betting for alonso.......anyone else game for it

I am betting on Kimi...Mclaren has been doing well of late...they have good straight line speeds...reliable car...too bad kimi blew up in the last lap in the last race...but I think Kimi its going to be...what about our friend Narain..????