Aksh BB users in Hyderabad

Hello guys,i am from hyderabad,i used to have sify a year earlier,i am a giant downloader and i always had problems with sify..Later my local net provider gave me a new connection from a diffrent ISP called AKSH bb which was just launched,initially the connection rocked, I had a 512kbps unlimited connection(he use to say ) for rs550 p/m . My downloads speeds would range from 500-800 kbps on http downloads and from 100 to 250 on bitcomet...But suddenly 15 days back the local net provder told me that all the connections are getting reduced to 128 kbps..This was a big blow to me....Now the speeds range from 15-20 kbps....I want to know weather there is someone from hyderabad who has AKSH connection and is getting good speeds,i want to make sure that my local net provider is not cheating me......

Hi devil, I took a connection from Aksh BB one month ago. It is 256 kbps with 2GB transfer limit at 450/- pm. It is being given by some local cable operator I guess. This CO was offering only 2 packages, other one was 64kbps UL. When I asked about any other packages, he says none in near future. I didn't even know about these other plans. I stay near S.R.Nagar, and CO guy is a local one. Where do you stay ? Did you take connection directly from themselves. are you in a NAT'ed LAN or do you get a public IP?skid

Hello,I stay at Mehdipatnam , mine is not a public IP i guess...Even i took connection from te local cable operator..Wat speeds do u get on http downloads and p2p like emule ,bittorrent...Actually mine is a 64-128 kbps ul,the speeds range between 15-20kbps on http and 10-15 on bitcomet...

So far I used only LimeWire for p2p. No torrents. I usually get arounf 25-30kbps, and sometimes in the odd times of night it goes upto 45kbps. Are they still offering that 512kbps package L/UL ..? Could you name your cable op ? Mine is Sai Net in VengalRaoNagar.

consider yourself lucky to get a 128Kbps UL connection. Some of us dont even have that priviledge. And in the future if some CTO claims to give you anything unlimited for dirt cheap prices then be very careful because its obvious that those packages arent going to be sustainable.

Originally posted by skidrock@Dec 15 2005, 12:02 PM
So far I used only LimeWire for p2p. No torrents. I usually get arounf 25-30kbps, and sometimes in the odd times of night it goes upto 45kbps. Are they still offering that 512kbps package L/UL ..? Could you name your cable op ? Mine is Sai Net in VengalRaoNagar.
[snapback]35781[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even i contacted my co regarding that issue and also the aksh representatives but they told me ,that the 512 package was only given only as an inaugural offer,now the whole of my locality has aksh connection and they have reduced it to 128kbps ul....

He told me that the prices were going to get reduced(currently 500 pm) and the speed would be increased in the near futre....

By the way the name of my CO is Mehdipatnam BroadBand..

Originally posted by max@Dec 15 2005, 01:45 PM
consider yourself lucky to get a 128Kbps UL connection. Some of us dont even have that priviledge. And in the future if some CTO claims to give you anything unlimited for dirt cheap prices then be very careful because its obvious that those packages arent going to be sustainable.
[snapback]35797[/snapback]
[/quote]

It will be fine until CTO continues such package...

i have been using tis conn for 2 months now. i am using the 64kbps unlmtd pack due to my hi dwnlds. earlier it was giving gud speeds around 15-19 kBps dwnd, but recently they hav reduced speed to 7kBps dwnld and 6kBps upload. do they hav ne other hi-speed unlmtd pack? and guys wat r u paying for ur conns?i pay 400 for the 64kbps conn

This HAS to be the best broadband ISP in the country...check this out...

http://www.akshbroadband.com/broadband.aspx

Plans data Transfer rate (Daily) Monthly Rent
Plan 64 200 MB 650
Plan 256 A - 2 GB 600
Plan 256 B - 3 GB 750
Plan 512 - 3 GB 850

1)Connectivity through Optical Fiber Backbone resulting in more reliability, Speed and No Congestion on Network.

2) Free E-mail Account with POP3, IMAP and Web mail Access. Free With Every Connection (VIRUS AND SPAM FREE).

3) VoIP (phone) service on LAN provided free of cost

Dude, I certainly do not know of an ISP which offers 256/512 KBps at a charge of 700-800 bucks pm...although there are limits of 2 and 3 GB, they seem much much better than Sify or the other ISPs... Go figure.

I have a Aksh BB connection in Hyd and they do not provide you with a (dynamic) public IP. So if that's not a problem then it is definitely good. The IP I got is a NAT'ed one, and I can;t play some games online.