Airtels somewhat incorrect practice of SRs

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,305
ISP
Airtel
Sometimes with Airtel there’s a fiber cut and an entire area is affected. Sometimes they do send out an sms other times simply don’t.
When there’s fiber cut the LOS keeps blinking red.

I raise an SR and they assign it to someone but even if the estimated uptime is say 8 hours away, within 2 hours they close the SR stating its resolved. Now for airtel it all means is your SR is not relevant because there’s unplanned outage. But beyond that the issue may also be local in addition to affected area. It’s possible that while there’s outage there’s also local issue on terrace say for example.
Airtel does not factor in this probability. So when the issue is also local you wait till outage is over to find that issue is still there.
I am going to write to airtel to stop this practice and still keep the sr open and only after confirmation from customer get it closed.

But don't you get an SMS saying they have closed the SR and you can reply 2 if you are not satisfied. Doing this, reopens the ticket and put it on high priority.

I can alsways reopen it but the point is they need to verify if the problem is local before closing the sr. engg must contact me and confirm that i have internet and then close the sr. the trick they do is when they register an outage they prevent you from choosing that option in their ivr.

Forget about repairs, man, these people want to send a tech over to change the plan to 1 Gb. Even if a router doesn't need a change. WTF! 😡That's how obtuse they can be. And solutions to problems are few and far between.

I guess all your connections are through LCOs then.
For Airtel direct customers, the service engineer cannot close the Service Request without the customer providing an OTP called 'Happy Code'. This is part of many reasons I switched to Airtel from JioFiber. They have a far better system.

Nopes, mine is direct with Airtel, confirmed with them. Blokes wearing an Airtel logo embossed shirt with IDs visit for technical issues. They don't provide LCO connections in Pune AFAIK. The only time a contractor came over was to install the cables in the buiildings and of course to the residence.

Same, I'm in a metro city, and is a direct Airtel connection. Happy code is only required when an engineer wants to close the ticket, else from the airtel side they can close it anytime they want.

@MadAxe Oh you must not know but, Jio has the same happy code system if the ticket is for IN ACT or SPWR Alarm or an Engineer Visit/Appointment. After every engineer visit, he asked for an OTP to close the ticket.

else from the airtel side they can close it anytime they want.
That would make the Happy code pointless. For me the SR has never been closed without the Happy code.
Oh you must not know but, Jio has the same happy code system if the ticket is for IN ACT or SPWR Alarm or an Engineer Visit/Appointment. After every engineer visit, he asked for an OTP to close the ticket.
Oh good to know that Jio has improved in this front. The last time I used Jio they provided less than promised speeds (did not account for overhead loss) and the service engineers would close the SR within a few hours without any resolution as it did not require any OTP.
Oh you must not know but do check out old JioFiber threads, you would know why majority of forum members prefer Airtel.

yes happy code is pointless actually. many a times they don't come to visit but just call me to get happy code over phone. pathetic practice. they close the sr when a number of customers are affected by fiber cut in which they think sr is not needed

@MadAxe Just up to last week I had airtel, now it's JioFiber. Airtel might have better speeds but their customer service is pathetic, happy code or not and if all you care about are your speed test results then sure, airtel will keep you well satisfied until you actually use it in extreme routing scenarios.

Since it's not even been 2 weeks since I had Jio, guess time is gonna tell if it's any better either but for now it's been doing just fine.

Last edited: