Regular
ISP
Comcast DSL
Tata Indicom's new Tariff :

64 kbps Unlimited Rs 500------------->425
128 kbps Unlimited Rs 800------------->700
256 kbps Unlimited Rs1,200------------>1000
512 kbps Unlimited Rs 1,850[/b]

And unlike 256 kbps users on Airtel, 256 kbps users in Tata Indicom get an avg of 32kBps. In Airtel since the day I got 256 kbps, I've got an average of 23 kBps.

I've been dying for a 512 kbps plans, Airtel can go **** itself now, it had maintained a good repo before government ISP introduced 2mbps plans, but now it looks like we gave them too much support and they're milking us off with their over-confidence.

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 8 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]79097[/snapback]
Tata Indicom's new Tariff :
And unlike 256 kbps users on Airtel, 256 kbps users in Tata Indicom get an avg of 32kBps. In Airtel since the day I got 256 kbps, I've got an average of 23 kBps.

I've been dying for a 512 kbps plans, Airtel can go **** itself now, it had maintained a good repo before government ISP introduced 2mbps plans, but now it looks like we gave them too much support and they're milking us off with their over-confidence.[/b]

where r u from ?
u know one thing Airtel is The best for "delhi" user only as, say it in Bangalore, chennai, Hyderabad or mumbai .. , their customer support sukxxxxx........
im frm hyd they haven't sent me bills for 6 month...... and started giving me fake inflated some notepad printout. upom 10,0000 request/complains for last 2 months,
and apart from making payments they haven't resumed my services....
i mailed to CEO of Hyderabad division.. but 12 days past. no reply from any one......

its not airtel who suksss, but the pimps of airtel is ruining airtel's reputation.
i have no idea regarding MTNL or tata.
so whatever you plan "inquire" about it.
happy surfing.

dude.. trust me on one thing.. tata.. SUCKS DONKEY DI*K!!!its the worst service ever.. i mean ever.. the speeds.. though r awesome.. just very good.. but.. but no point if u have ur net not working for atleast half the month..

Well, does anyone know whether tata installs the line overhead, where its subject to all the vagaries of nature or underground in an steel-armoured cable ?Price aside, that there could make all the difference.Tata has brought their prices down, the 256k is now Rs.1000 instead of the Rs.1600 it was lauched at, what maybe 6 months or a yr back. Why is this, the incumbent ISP has introduced Mbs plans (albeit limited only), stiffer competition with Airtel (face it i bet they both offer in similar areas) as neither is going to go out on a limb to reach areas that have a lower socio-economic index.

Depending on area i guess,they give internet through metro ethernet in some areas (mostly big cities) and adsl in others.Im using tata for quite sometime,they give it to me via adsl (overhead lines),i didnt have a down time (yet!) due to faulty cables.