Airtel Xtreme 100mbps Hyderabad review

• Thread starter Thread starter th4n0s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 15,489
@Deep Saha

you can set DNS on router from Advanced Setup -> DNS
heajdhS.png

It seems I do not have that option, I use Huawei HG8145V5 Router.

* us.archive.ubuntu.com is horrendously slow, i get max speed of 100kbps. Note that this is the default mirror set for ubuntu and all of it's derivatives unless changed.
I suggest changing your mirror to something in Singapore (i use 0x.sg). IIT KGP(indian mirror) is a hit or miss and reputably unreliable.

Yeah i've seen that on lot of ISP's so i pretty much change everything to in. from us.

@th4n0s there is a nice indian mirror of ubuntu now at in.archive.ubuntu.com you should get good speeds there. anyways it should pick indian mirror during ubuntu installation if you pick timezone as india (kolkata) - is it not happening for you?

This is the router they installed:

XSBoT3j.jpg

I cant find much information about it, except that it is imported from china.

router page: 192.168.1.1
username: admin
username: admin

Airtel user CP screen caps:

EhPqykr.png

Oj2qMiT.png

I changed my DNS to 1.1.1.1 (DNS queries will be routed/resolved through Mumbai CF node)
also changed few settings in firefox 🙂

sqNdelC.png
I got the same plan ,i recieved a call they wanted to upgrade my router to the version you got i guess ,right now i have the old Huawei HG8145v.
can you research into the router how does the UI looks like and the manufacture of the router and is it worth upgrading for wifi range and does it have 5ghz band ?

@Spyro

Its ur personal choice, i cannot recommend you as i did not have Huawei router(new connection)

I posted a pic of admin and UI above, check it out.

Yes it has 5ghz.

It also seems that you cannot set custom dns in huawei, in this new one, you can.

Hope it helped ❤😀

Hi All,
Anyone from Hyderabad using airtel ftth connection.
Could you paste ping and traceroute of 219.65.71.186

Ping 219.65.71.186
Tracert 219.65.71.186

Thanks in advance. I will use this to decide if I can remove my act connection to airtel.

Regards
Dinakar

One thing I miss with act is 1ms ping to default gateway and all the peering sites.
1ms and 4ms difference is not much though.

I noticed Twitter and Facebook scrolling smooth with Airtel

No .was told installation is not free in that case. 1180 installation charges apply for that offer

@dinakar407 Did you sign-up for new connection in Airtel website or did you directly contact sales person?

Maybe speak with CC, now that you are a customer, and ask them whether is this the case. i.e., installation charges applies if opted for offer.

I called the number in the pamphlet and booked the connection. After I payed and I asked the guy about this offer. He said the above thing.