Airtel Xstream Nokia G2425 - Root access

• Thread starter Thread starter ddpanda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 29,352
@Maxx_369 please provide a how to tutorial, that'll be of great help to me and many other networking noobs like me.

Why not upload default config file after factory reset where all options are enabled.

Does anyone who has the ONT device can confirm something? The specifications manual reports 2 USB ports and two telephone ports too. But from the pics I was sent and I have found online I can only see one of each. I noticed that where the port should be, on the actual cover it's actually marked as TEL2 alongside the TEL1 but only one USB port is mentioned.
Link to the user manual I found is here

There is a /webs directory which has the files related to web UI. I was playing around with ghidra, trying to look for clues in the .cgi files and I saw some if conditions preventing disabling of UI elements. Condition was effectively OperatorID MXXV or SAIB. There are a lot of files with similar IDs in the filename in /webs/js_glb directory and I connected the dots.
BRTI which is the operator ID in Indian/Airtel India Nokia ONTs is supposedly BRIGHTSTAR TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDIA LIMITED who currently imports the DragonPath ONTs now which are the ONTs offered by Airtel nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there ftp access to the router? Not for just the usb I mean the router's own storage.
Enabling ftp for the usb and then logging to it I can only see the usb drive and I can't access the rest of the storage. It directly gives access to the mount point itself. If there's no drive then it's an empty directory. Any got any ideas or ftp to the router is not possible?
@qwertypop did you use ssh to access the files or ftp? On that note I am also unable to ssh into it. Can't find the pass for it.