Airtel Xstream Nokia G2425 - Root access

• Thread starter Thread starter ddpanda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 29,354
@qwertypop Yes that is because in the xml it has a hardcored Username and password and not that autogenerated garbage.

image.png

That's the mail I received from Nokia

It'll be great if you send a config that has telnet/ssh access available so people reading this won't have to setup python download the script install required modules, unpack , edit the repack

+1 to this.

Also, if i get my router bricked, will airtel replace it for free or i will have to pay them?
i have been experimenting with this router and so far have achieved SIP voice on my pc, but due to the nature of work, i wonder what happens if i brick it!

edit- I didnt add that hyperlink on the word router, it got added automatically.

@Superstar , @qwertypop Apologies for the stupid question, but If I change the operator code, is the router still able to fetch username and password configuration from airtel servers?
Or if I create a pppoe connection after unlocking does internet work as usual with airtel?

I want to try this on my live router but dont want to lose internet access.

You have to enter the pppoe credentials manually, it won't fetch from Airtel servers. But internet should work normally.
You can decrypt the password from the config file. It's account number iirc.

CONFIRMED WORKING!
Setting OperatorID to ALCL and doing a factory reset unlocks everything. Router login on 192.168.1.254 with username AdminGPON and password ALC#FGU
Can we have config file from "after the factory reset state" plz?🙏

Last edited:
@qwertypop

It'll be great if you send a config that has telnet/ssh access available so people reading this won't have to setup python download the script install required modules, unpack , edit the repack

hence please!
@qwertypop Can you please share this config file please. it will be huge help for many other users. thanks in advance.