airtel Xstream fiber users in Odisha

• Thread starter Thread starter Xposed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,733
Can you share me the Airtel Xstream screen shot that you had in BBSR

I have already disconnected it. Airtel has been degrading .. packet loss and bad routing to Europe as complained by other users in this forum.

Sorry to Bump but do you guys have any updates on the same? Has airtel expanded to more locations? ( Odisha users only reply to this ) How are the ping times to Chennai Servers on speedtest ( Airtel, ACT, TATA ) and ping times to Singapore ( Linode, etc ). If possible send a traceroute and results here

Airtel in Odisha has services almost everywhere jio has their fiber , I cannot say for pings because I had dropped the connection due to incompetence on the part of the lco and Airtel in my area

Would like to disagree with the Airtel is everywhere Jio fiber is, it is just in big industrial areas for now.

The senior management at Airtel last year confirmed that they are planning to cover and follow jio fiber, while the coverage is little bad when it comes to Bhubaneswar because it is in direct control of Airtel Odisha but things improve drastically with respect to coverage at least outside Bhubaneswar

well they might be planning from 2 years for what they say, I waited 4 years for Jio, got a connection and I recently shifted houses (around 100m away from the old house), Jio isn't here, was in the old location, there just isn't any Tier 1 ISP in my location rn, just BSNL, one local isp using TATA transit with a bit less FUP (2TB) and it always seems like RailTel is everywhere.

A bit offtopic but would like to add that, from what I have know Bhubaneswar has always been poor in broadband penetration (and we are still nowhere near Delhi like penetration), but ever since the lockdown happened, there has been considerable expansion and newer ISPs have been popping up along with the big names making a move to capture the masses, but we are still pretty far behind cosidering our neighbour Kolkata has almost everything going for them, IXs, ISPs, NOCs. Having a head start has helped them considerably IMO (also cuz Metro ig?).
I'm hoping for the same for our city in a few years, as CF has recently established their services here in our city, I'm being optimistic now, let's see how it works out for us in the future.