Airtel Xstream Fiber Plus (Airtel Xstream Fiber Mesh)

With WiFi, mesh a lot depends on your ability to place the mesh nodes in a spot where the wireless link budget (RSSI) is reasonable from the root-AP (and hoping that it stays that way all the time; there are external factors that can impact it over time).

If its possible, you are better off back hauling your network through Ethernet (between the APs).

airtel faqs say that their installation team is trained in finding the best spots in your home lol.

I mean it's not that hard. You just need to use an app like Wi-Fi analyzer to find weak coverage area. The thing is that their package is fixed. People might not need 3 devices. Or people could need more than 3 devices.

Update is that, Airtel will launch Fiber Mesh plans tomorrow. You need to be on airtel for 2 years before you own the mesh devices
I really thought they’d launch it for Independence Day but it’s been a while and they have no news on Fiber Mesh plans.

Also, weird that only few people with Xstream Fiber connection was actually shown the Fiber mesh plans. This seems well hidden on the Airtel Thanks app.

As per sales agent's explanation: Fiber mesh plan is available only for few customers in Delhi/NCR region. It is not rolled out for everyone and not available in all the cities yet.

Right. That explains the stuff. I took a Airtel Xstream Fiber connection on Monday and the sales agent told me, they have only been briefed about this mesh router but that they have not received the stocks at all and that he did not have any information on the plans nor the availability. Guess, they are doing this on city basis then..

Guys I was offered this Mesh device plan as well and I have seen the routers offered its Linksys Velop AC 2200. So if you prepay ₹29,500 (gst included) you will get these devices each customer is given 3 routers which you can place in different spots/floors.

Great. Finally someone got the device.
How’s the experience so far? Do you notice speed difference?
Also, Do you know if existing users on annual plan can change to this new mesh router plan by paying the extra amount?

Has anyone got this ? The price on Amazon is 36k for device itself. The plan including device and service for one year at 300mbps is only 25k. It sounds too good to be true.. what's the catch ? What am i missing here

It is 25k + 18% GST = 29500 for 1 year. You can't change the plan in the first year. After 1 year, you can change the plan.

You need to be with Airtel for at least 2 years to own the devices. If you terminate airtel services before 2 years, airtel will take the devices back.