Airtel Xstream Fiber Faizabad/Ayodhya Users

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
Airtel fiber is not officially launched in Faizabad(as per the airtel site), but I got LCO contact information and I did the booking yesterday evening.

Today, there is some protest going on all over in India regarding LCO Model of Airtel and they are not providing any new connection, the reason of protest is that Airtel is cutting off revenue from 25% to 15% for every connection. Yet I somehow managed to bribe the LCO and his guys to get the connection installed today only, they came, installed fiber cable throughout the house and connected to the pole. The work done by them is great, the power I am getting is -18.75db. There were some issues on the pole also where distribution box is installed and it took 2 hours for them to fix it with full dedication. I have got the dragon path technologies router with airtel xstream fiber logo printed on it, it has different LEDs for different signs. I was being offered the sercomm ont, but I resisted, and got this one.

The default gateway will be Lucknow only, so I'll be getting good pings considering lucknow is 120-130kms away from my place.

I opted for 40Mbps plan, for single month, it costed me 1769rs.

I'll update with speeds, pings and other stuff once the connection is Live(hopefully tomorrow late morning)

Also I got to know why airtel is so good with downtime speaking to lco personally, he told if theres a downtime of 4 hours for a single house, Airtel will only credit revenue of around 5%.

One more update : Right now if you have noticed, airtel is using thin wires for connecting its dp boxes throughout the cities, the same one which is installed at our houses on airtel connections, but now airtel is going to change its thin wires to thick wires like jio. First they will roll out to whole city and then disconnect old cables and connect new ones.

No idea, told what he said - if any of the connections experiences a down time of more than 4 hours in the working hours, airtel will not give 25% revenue on that connection, but decrease it to 5%.

What do you mean by thick wires ?

are you saying that airtel used same thin /small wire to OLT and then to customer

are you saying that airtel used same thin /small wire to OLT and then to customer
Yes. Right now airtel is using same kind of wire for connecting olt to dp boxes and connecting dp boxes to customers. But, this will change, airtel will use thick wire(just like jio) to connect olts to dp boxes.

Interesting. This might be only in LCO operated locations.

here both airtel’s and jio’s wire is thick till DP connection box.

From the box where 8 connections per box is given , they use thin wire to my home. Though its the same cable which cable walas were using and its not that thin

Does this router have a working bridge mode? Also do you figure out the gateway by the lowest ping airtel servers on speedtest? Or by the location shown on internet based on your IP address? @nishantt6969

Gateway can be determined by automatic selection of servers on speedtest.net. For example, I am in faizabad but I still get Lucknow servers on speedtest.net for testing speed, that determines that my default gateway is Lucknow.

Also, you can find your gateway in the wan settings of your router, in my case it is BRAS-LKO2 Which means I am connected to Lucknow gateway again.

Location of Ip address can play trick with you, sometimes you may get IP assigned from Delhi, Bangalore and other cities but that doesnt mean you gateway is changed.