Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

@hackki sales peole are generally much more desperate than you to sell a connection. So don't worry, he will come running if they have the infra in your area

Tell him to provide better pings or else you will go with jio.
Not to be rude but I don't think it works that way. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
It's okay just give him some time. Tell him to visit your place within 2 days or else you'll go with some other provider because you're in urgent need of the same. Also if possible, before visiting ask him how much ping will the company provide. Tell him to provide better pings or else you will go with jio.
Also, if you'll go to the Airtel store, they will too tell you to apply online as I have already visited there.
Yeah. Finally after repeated calls and messages he visited at 7:30pm to collect the docs. Will update on the progress. I don't think Jio fiber is available yet in Kankarbagh or even Patna.

Also, I don't think any ISP will commit any SLA for the ping times. Even if they commit, they will never put it on the record.

Since, I am not into gaming, I find the ping times you posted on Airtel quite tolerable. However, faster pings always helps.

@hackki sales peole are generally much more desperate than you to sell a connection. So don't worry, he will come running if they have the infra in your area
When there is more demand, these sales people in B2C companies start relaxing and ignoring customers. Yeah but he came finally after multiple followups.

@hackki bro still, more sales for them means more bonus and better career progression. Once they take money and make their sale, it’s you who will be running after them, so keep that in mind too, see that there is a fiber distribution box within 100m of your home before giving money

Yeah. Finally after repeated calls and messages he visited at 7:30pm to collect the docs. Will update on the progress. I don't think Jio fiber is available yet in Kankarbagh or even Patna.

Also, I don't think any ISP will commit any SLA for the ping times. Even if they commit, they will never put it on the record.

Since, I am not into gaming, I find the ping times you posted on Airtel quite tolerable. However, faster pings always helps.

When there is more demand, these sales people in B2C companies start relaxing and ignoring customers. Yeah but he came finally after multiple followups.
Glad they came. Connection will be done by some local internet service provider within one or two days most probably. Btw which plan did you opt for?

@hackki bro still, more sales for them means more bonus and better career progression. Once they take money and make their sale, it’s you who will be running after them, so keep that in mind too, see that there is a fiber distribution box within 100m of your home before giving money
Yeah. They showed that there are 2 distribution boxes nearby - 50m and 70m away. So, hoping to have a trouble free experience.

Btw which plan did you opt for?
Same 100mbps 3 months plan. Paid 2829 online. Rest 1k the installation team will collect.

Oh, the installation is done by local franchisee? Was the experience smooth and top notch? In Gurgaon, they fixed the optical fiber box on the wall and neatly wired the fibers so as to not abruptly bend it. The modem was Huawei one. From your pic, the quality of installation looks the same and modem also looks like the same which I had got.

Not sure how quick the resolution would be incase of any issues or if the connection goes down, if it is not being directly operated by Airtel themselves.

Yeah. They showed that there are 2 distribution boxes nearby - 50m and 70m away. So, hoping to have a trouble free experience.
Bro do you know the exact location of these distribution boxes? and are these distribution boxes same as the jio which they are placing on the poles ( that white colour one)?

In Ashiana nagar recently jio and airtel laid their cable. Jio guys are asking 4000 as installation and airtel collected my docs and i paid 6 month advance rental but theyare just ignoring the calls. I have BSNL fibre which gives decent speed.

Same 100mbps 3 months plan. Paid 2829 online. Rest 1k the installation team will collect.

Oh, the installation is done by local franchisee? Was the experience smooth and top notch? In Gurgaon, they fixed the optical fiber box on the wall and neatly wired the fibers so as to not abruptly bend it. The modem was Huawei one. From your pic, the quality of installation looks the same and modem also looks like the same which I had got.

Not sure how quick the resolution would be incase of any issues or if the connection goes down, if it is not being directly operated by Airtel themselves.
Yes they are done by the local ISP. In my case, they were siti (Indinet) broadband providers. At the beginning of installation they were doing it fine . It took them time to extend the wire from the pole to my router stand because the wiring has to be stretched through under the ground ( my cable pipes are laid under the ground because it's a new house ) ... so by the time installation has came to the end they were in a hurry and rushed all the things lol.

In Ashiana nagar recently jio and airtel laid their cable. Jio guys are asking 4000 as installation and airtel collected my docs and i paid 6 month advance rental but theyare just ignoring the calls. I have BSNL fibre which gives decent speed.
what!?? 4000!?? Are they insane or what? Did you talk about this in nearest jio Store?

Bro do you know the exact location of these distribution boxes? and are these distribution boxes same as the jio which they are placing on the poles ( that white colour one)?
No I do not know the exact location of these boxes. They just showed it on a map(app in their phone) which had green points marked.

Jio guys are asking 4000 as installation and airtel collected my docs and i paid 6 month advance rental but theyare just ignoring the calls.
That's scary. That's why I do not trust the franchisee business. Not sure why Airtel is not available in the northeast/east. They are available till eastern border of UP.

When I contacted BSNL in Feb this year for Bharat Fiber, they said the charges will be around 5600!

Fun fact: I paid 13,000 for installation to Railwire guys 6 years back! I needed the connection anyhow and had no option other than them at that time. Even BSNL was reluctant to give a new connection.

Airtel guy came, have thrown the fiber inside the house and disappeared. Seems like another team will come for the installation and set up.

I am expecting the modem that they will provide to support the speeds upto 300mbps atleast.